Wednesday 30 November 2005

let there be light!!!

It's dark here...Not just because it is getting really dark outside but i need to change lightbulbs in living room LOL...I hate changing them as it's a right kerfuffle...I have a very modern, cool light fitting with finger shades on it...In order to change the bulbs i have to get up on a ladder, use an allen key to unscrew the metal arms...Then i get down off the ladder and unscrew the finger shade, then have to use a different allen key to release the halogen bulb...Then got to go through whole rigmarole in reverse ROFL...My younger sis was looking at similar light fittings for the house they are building...I warned her NO don't get them it's too much hassle...Woke up today to find 3 have gone out and only have 1 spare in the flat.

Bought a small 128mb memory card for the camcorder thingy today although i am going to get a bigger 1gb one...When i have the other bigger one i will keep it for video recording and the small one for taking pics :o) ...Got told if 128mb one is used for just video could get 20 mins of film...Had a call again from G's school but he was okies...I had got a letter home last week asking permission for something which i duly signed and gave to G to hand back...Had he done that had he heck...They'd asked in home school book for the last 2 days but G had left it at school for last 2 days <sigh> ...His school bag is like a black hole...Things go in there never to reappear...One main problem with his aspergers is his memory for everyday stuff...It's just not there at all and i can't see it getting any better but hey ho.

I have put a christmas song on my journal but it won't play...I did exactly what sara said and still won't work at all...Maybe it's because mine is in wav format and not mp3 dunno...Got a call from one of K's friends up here this afternoon...It's her 18th today and she is moving to a new flat...So nice person here is going to help her move on fri...Would have done it tomorrow but i have a support group meeting in the morning and may be going for lunch or at least a nice coffee after...Depends who all turn up really...Am trying to stay positive and not worry too much about K...Easier said than done when she's 140 odd miles away and mobileless...I wanteverything to come back normal but at same time i don't...It would be better if they found something as at least then we'd know and something could be done...Anyways better go and change one lightbulb LOL...Am severely acrophobic to point where i have problems standing on a ladder...Next time i buy a light fitting it will be one where the bulbs can be changed easily <ggg>

Toodle pip tc xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep journasl MUSIC FREE!!!

Anonymous said...

Ignoring Stuarts comment about music in journals...lol, I thought I`d make you feel better because I can`t get mine to play either!  I was just about to have another go when I couldn`t even get into my All about Me space...aaaah!   LOL at your description of G`s school bag, I thought they were all like that...dark and very mysterious...lol!  :o)

Sandra xxxx

PS  Love the siggy!

Anonymous said...

That light fitting sounds complicated - one allen key - then having to use another allen key...and a ladder "Yikes" I'd change that pretty fast....lol
Know what you mean finding something wrong with K then at least they could start treatment...hope everthing turns out good for her....Take care....Ally

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about K,if the results are negative whats the problem ?,let it be something easily treatable, Iwonder how you are getting on changing light bulbs Ugh I know what you mean about heights and ladders .....keep your chin up kid your a good un .........Jan xx