Tuesday 22 November 2005

Chilly tuesday

Hmmm how long does it take for medical notes to get passed from one area to another...I do hope they haven't gone *missing* in the post...K has been and registered with the doctors practise on campus ages ago...Now she has seen one of the GP's there a couple of times since then...She had to go see her yesterday as due to some high jinks on sat night she ended up with rather nasty carpet burns on her back <ouch> ...She was pulled along the corridor and her top had moved up <sigh> ...Anyway she needed to talk to the GP about something else...K has decided she doesn't like this GP as she won't listen to her and is blaming K's lifestyle...She is eating healthily, ok she maybe isn't sleeping much but she never did...Now the problem she is having again she had a couple of years ago...Back then she went to our doctors and took me with her...She needed a witness to what had happened as she didn't know...K has said the campus GP doesn't appear to have her medical notes...So today i phoned our practise who gave me number of practitionary services up here...Her notes were sent away weeks ago!!!...So i've told her to tell campus GP to phone and see where they are...also told her that this woman can phone me and ask me if she wants...I know am being kinda cryptic but i can't say exactly what is happening...What i will say is my older sister is the same and it is a slight worry but K has had bloods done before and nothing untoward as such there...Seems to be a very long time for her medical notes to take to get from up here down to edinburgh...The campus GP is still using a pink slip to write stuff on like they do if you're a temporary resident.

Tomorrow i have a meeting at Child & Family Mental Health about M...I have tried phoning for a few weeks and left messages but no reply...The letter doesn't say who it is i have to see!!!...Bit daft don't you think especially as this meeting could be 1-2 hours long...It's in the old building that child psychology/psychiatry used to be in so at least i know where am going...Hope it's not too chilly as am going to walk there LOL...I do think it is to do with me kicking up a stooshie (fuss) last spring about not getting seen...So 7 months after i was in desperation i am being seen <sigh> I do hope it is someone who actually understand autistic spectrum disorder that i am seeing...If not then there is NO point.

It's cold here again today although not as cold as down south of scotland or england...We do have snow forecast for here on thurs/fri...Hope we do get some as the air will heat up a bit but i hope it's not so bad that the boys schools close...At least G is actually wearing his cosy jacket ROFL...Got a letter home today about his transport...Apparently he is arriving at school before it's open, before even any staff arrive...Bit strange as the time it's alleged he is arriving at school on this letter is the time he is getting picked up at the flat...Now we don't have a star trek style transporter so he can't possibly be arriving at school 6½ miles away at same time he is leaving the flat...Yet another call to the base is in order methinks.

Phoned mum yesterday and the funeral went fine...Obviously they were all sad but they had some laughs too...My cousins asked my mum and sisters to take the biggest wreath back up with them and to put it on my paternal grandparents grave...My auntie was cremated so nowhere to put it down there...Of course they were honoured to and went and placed it there as soon as they got home...Wonder what my dads brother and sister who live there will say...Hmmm don't really care, no-one else went down to the funeral...I would have gone myself if i could have...My dads other sister didn't but as she doesn't talk to my mum anymore she'd have no way of getting there except by train or bus which she's not fit to do...Better go and tidy the kitchen and make some tea and have a wamr bath before I'm a Celeb comes on at 9 LOL

Toodle pip and take care xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can take months for notes to transfer...................sadly

Anonymous said...

By the sound of it - it takes too long for Medical notes to be transfered - lets hope they havn't gone missing....Hope the meeting goes well 1-2 hours is a long stint. What a lovely thought to put the biggest wreath on the parental grandparents grave...Ally

Anonymous said...

That sounds an awful long time ,for medical notes to be transfered,Ihope they are not lost ,its such a shame you have to make a fuss before any thing gets done ,what a lovely idea to take the wreath to the grave,...........Jan xx  

Anonymous said...

My medical notes were lost moving from one department to another in the same hospital!  I had aa appointment cancelled for 6 weeks while they tried to find them...they did but it`s so annoying.  I`m glad the funeral went as well as could be expected and I hope your meeting tomorrow goes well. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

They can look on the PC if an emergency arises Caff and communicate between Doc's but I suppose it does take a while for all the data to transfer from one to another.  They did this for me when I was ill and away from home, so don't worry it will get there.  She's having a whale of a time, I'm so glad she's found a new mate.  Good luck tomorrow. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous the amount of time for the notes to change practices, hope they aren't lost, surely they would send them registered post or something as they are so important.

JO xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised her notes have gone astray - when I changed a few years back my new doc got my notes quite quickly!!  Hope it gets sorted anyway............. Hope the meeting went ok with regards to M........LOL @ the transport thing. How peculiar that they would write to you about that........Glad the funeral went ok