Thursday 10 November 2005

Chilly thursday

Oh tut here's me thought i was over that bug and i've spent half the morning on the loo again <sigh> ...Not as bad as it was though <phew>  So am still on cloud nine from yesterday :o) ...M was jumping up and down for ages when i told him...Not a good idea when you live in a first floor flat like LOL...I did forget to say yesterday that K doesn't like Robbie...She only came to murrayfield to see M's face when he saw his hero in the flesh so to speak...Well his face wasn't any different to when he see's him on the telly...However when he got the signed photo through the post his jaw hit the floor...He was totally gobsmacked and kept saying 'Robbie knows me, he knows my name' <bless> ...I have been trying for years to see if somehow i can get Robbie to meet M...Am sure after reading his biography Feel that i am one of the werido stalkers they mention in the book...It would make my day if i could make that happen...It would make M's life :o) ...All i want to say is a huge thank you for inadvertantly making one autistic lads life that much easier to cope with over the last several years...M had never been able to tell me what it was about the music that he liked so much...I knew that certain classical composers music was good for calming people down...Mozart i think is one but i could be wrong...It was about a year ago that M finally managed to tell me...As usual it was totally out of the blue and nothing to do with what we were speaking about at the time...It's the actual music itself and not always the lyrics...He loves the violins etc that are used in Robbies songs...If you ignore the actual lyrics and listen to the music it is often very orchestral in his work...Even if at the end of the day i didn't like his stuff he will always be my hero too just because of how it helps M and in turn makes my life that wee bit easier :o) ...Even K who doesn't particularly like his work says the same...I am totally disgusted with the amount of so called fans who promptly put their tickets on ebay to sell at ridiculous prices.

So on to today...Well i was intending to go to the gym...That fell by the wayside and not just because i am back on the loo...One of the flats right at the top of the block is getting new double glazing fitted...The joiner fitting it is working outside on the pavement and up and down the stairs like a yoyo...This means he is leaving the main door to the block permanently open...Don't like that idea as anyone could just walk in and possibly break in or steal anything on the stairwell...Why the joiner couldn't have taken everything in and cut frames etc in the back garden i don't know...It would have been safer in my opinion...It's rather sad how we all now have to be so security conscious...When i was a kid growing up in a small village we could go out and leave the house unlocked...We all spoke to our neighbours and looked out for each other...I suppose yes it is different living in a city BUT even in that small village my mum and older sis can no longer live that way...I have had prints nicked off the walls of the stairwell here :o( ...Ok they weren't expensive as it was just pics of dragons i cut out from an old calender and put in frames...That's beside the point someone nicked them WHY???? ...Worthless and put up to make the stairwell less bleak looking...I always put up christmas decorations in my section of the stairwell and downstairs lobby...I always use old ones i no longer use in the flat...Lights i no longer need for the tree i put up there too...Makes me wonder if i should bother this year as they too may disappear...Hmmm better leave for now before i go off on a rant harking back to the good old days LOL...To anyone feeling poorly do hope you feel well soon as i know quite a few J-landers are at the mo.......Toodle pip xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH your worst fears ,it came back ,so sorry ,what wicked people there are to pinch your pictures and your Christmas decs ,some times you can hardly believe people can you ?....................Jan xx

Anonymous said...

some people will steal anything, its a sign of the times we live in....Hope that bug you have got soon goes away.....nothing worse than a tum upset... Take care Ally

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the door being left open.  Often I'll come home and find our flat door left on the latch and I can't stand that!!  Probably coz my flats the first one they come to but they just shouldn't do it!!  Bless M :-)  LOL nothing wrong with being a stalker in moderation ;-)

Anonymous said...

I heard them announce Robbie's tickets for sale on the radio and the lines were jammed.  You'll have a wonderful time, he's a fave of mine.  Hated the group splitting up, but it's been for the best when you see him now.  He's got a soulmate songwriter, I think this is where his good stuff is coming from lately.

Sorry you're back on the loo Caff, hope it gets better. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can remember the days when my Nan's door was left permanently ajar for people to drop in for tea and when in our own house we went out, you could leave windors open (the old sash type) at the top at least because in those days people would not dream of stealing anything apart from organised gangs but we did not have them around our way.  It is sad we have to barricade ourselves in these days.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/