Thursday 14 July 2005

Ouch

Hmmmm woke up at 3amISH in pain again and promptly threw up...Lovely NOT...Went boiled kettle and filled hot water bottle as quietly as possible so's not to waken the kids...Could i get back to sleep could i heck...Around 6ish i decided right think i can actually take some painkillers...They didn't work but i did fall asleep just before 8...Woke again at 8.30 and decided had enuff am phoning the doctors...This was 3rd time since sat evening it's happened...Eventually got through to docs and managed to get an appointment for 10.20...Phoned my mum and big sis and they both said not to travel up there tomorrow :o( ...Eldest lad had got up by this time and i woke daughter and told her where i was going...Dragged myself round to docs on the bus...Typical lights change to red at junction just before stop for docs but driver took one look at me and said 'think you need to see a doctor' told him that's where am on my way to my GP is just there across the street...Nice bus driver opened door and let me off :o) ...GP i didn't know but he was really nice...Asked me what was going on and i told him and said this had happened back in march too...So he poked and prodded me <ouch> and sounded my tummy (stethescope wasn't cold <ggg>)...Upshot is he thinks it's my gall bladder...He's refering me for a scan, will take months, and gave me mega storng anti inflammatories to take with me strong painkillers...IF am still in same pain at weekend i am supposed to phone NHS24 <sigh> and demand to see out of hours GP and get taken into hossy...Fingers crossed pain will have gone a bit by then...It better have as i can't go into hosy without prepreparing the boys and getting social work to organise care for them...See ANYONE else can be ill like this but not me it's too much hassle and stress...So have read a bit about gallstones and that made me laff...On the NHS website it says changing diet makes no difference but then goes on to say to make sure you eat a healthy well balanced diet...Is it just me or is that contradictory!!!!...If you're eating rubbish then changing your diet will make a difference DUH!!!!...Also says to watch your weight LOL...So me who's never had any problems with gallstone before now appears to have problems with them when i AM eating healthily and AM watching my weight...Does make me laff although side aches when i do <ggg>...Oh and GP banned me from travelling to the funeral :o( ...Instead tomorrow i will go out into the garden and sit quiet for the time the funeral will be happening...

Mum made me cry when i phoned her after going to docs...I asked if they knew yet what had caused my uncles death...So his dodgy heart that he'd had a major bypass on never took him in the end...It was some extremely rare blood disease and had been there for a while...Those who found that out cannot understand how he was able to lift a golf club let alone play 2 rounds of golf a day...He'd also asked for a bit of paper and a pen and wrote a note for his grandchildren before he passed away...Told them how proud he was of them all and the 2 who were graduating to enjoy it and he'd be looking down on them...Dunno why i am writing this here really, i do think he was very brave to be able to do that and to ask the hospital to switch of machine...Hope i can have same strength if ever in similar situation...He'd also go nuts if he knew how i was and travelled to hsi funeral so i won't go...

Know i probs shouldn't be on here but pain has dulled down a bit and if i lie down i won't feel so good...Besides the boys have hijacked the telly through here and watching spiderman is not my cup of tea LOL...Toodle pip for now tc xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch indeed..............sounds pretty awful...............
I really hope it can be sorted sensibly if you know what I mean

Anonymous said...

gallstones are no fun, I feel for you. I hope they manage to get things sorted for you soon. Its such a shame about your uncle and the fact that they had no idea about his blood condition. It is nice he was active right up until his final illness ....Jules xxxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Caff, few tips regarding gall bladder problems. Don't take anything with Ibrupropen in pain killer wise. As little fat as possible (but remember you do need some) Citus fruit irritates the bilary tract, I can't eat oranges or drink pure orange juice any more :( , sends me well into spasm (worse than labour is the only way to describe it). And a few hugs from me {{{{{}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Ooh ouch!!  Hope the anti inflamatories and pain killers are doing the trick for you Caff.  Such a shame about your Uncle's funeral.  What a thing for him to have done though, writing notes for his grandchildren, what a man he must have been.  Take care my dear.  ((((()))))
Sara   x