Thursday 8 December 2005

Thursdays meanderings

                                                            

The pic of the mobile is the one that i am getting K for her christmas...She knows and has seen it herself...It's very slimline and looks similar to an i-pod shuffle just a wee bit bigger...Also the keypad lights up blue when phone is in use which makes it cool...It also has i-mode on it whatever that is...The shop i buy it from will give me a voucher for airtime instead of it going straight onto sim card that comes with the phone...O2 sent her a new sim card for the number she already had :o) ...She also mentioned yesterday she would like new copies of the Narnia books...So i got one thick hardback of all the books together today for only £5.99 :o)  First christmas card arrived today and it was from my aunt who's husband died in july...I always smile when i get card from her as ever since i split with my ex she addresses it to what she thinks is my maiden name...But my maiden name isn't same as my uncles so she's actually using my mum's maiden name <ggg>

                

M came home from school with a card he made on the computer for me and G...He's made a seperate one for K and a couple for friends of his...3 years ago at his old school he won a christmas card design competition :o) ...There was 4 winners and each of them got a prize and a pack of cards with their specific design on it...I bought a few packets from the school that were mixed and his design was used for special people :o) ...I put the original pic in a frame and it gets hung up every christmas...I have been entering this tv prog comp every day online LOL...As it's free then i keep on trying until i am successful...You get charged £1 for a call to enter even if you aren't successful so pah! to that...I got more card blanks whilst in town but forgot to buy silver and gold thread i need for them too...So back to John Lewis tomorrow LOL...They were what i went into town for and as usual i forgot part of my messages LOL...Was pleased to see town wasn't busy at all...I still haven't found food colouring i want so am going to look online or ask in a bakers...I could try mixing yellow with red i guess but mixing food colouring doesn't usually work too well...I have a friend who also wants me to try making pistaschio (can't spell it) turkish delight...I'd need seperate cutting board and knives to do it though as someone i make it for has a severe nut allergy...So will give it a miss for now and try it another time...It's very very chilly here this afternoon so coffee time to warm up then go make tea.

Toodle pip tc xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mum used to send cards to my cousin ,in her maiden name,couldnt get her to understand sweet ,Ks phone looks good ,could you possibly photo Ms Christmas card Id like to see what our clever boy has done .............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

 P S what colours cant you get ?   Jan xx

Anonymous said...

We've been having fun with phones too!