Friday 23 December 2005

Thurs & Fri

              

We had a good trip north yesterday but eventful...Was a bit later in leaving than i would have liked and the weather wasn't very good...It was weird when we drove past the wind farm as you couldn't see the tops of the blades for the heavy misty rain LOL...We got to mums safe though and she has put out all her christmas stuff even though she isn't in the mood...I didn't want to eat as i can't after i have been travelling and all that K & G wanted was an ice cream from the ice cream shop...So i went and drove down to get a cone (they're massive and cheap) for me, them two and mum...M doesn't like and can't have ice cream so he gets a big sweetie instead LOL...I wondered why the car sounded noisy as i parked it...Found out when i got back out of the shop...One flat tyre although i managed to drive back to mums just...Great a flat tyre and my bro in law was out, mums neighbour am friendly with and his lads were out...I did not want to change it although i can if pushed...Then i thought sod it am gonna use my breakdown service...I pay for it and have only used this particular one twice in 8 years...Got told they would be there within an hour by which time my bro in law had come back...Asked him where this particular garage was and he said elgin which is like 24 miles from mums...This poor young lad arrived about 30 mins later and changed my tyre for me...We discovered a huge nail in the offending tyre grrrr...It was the new tyre i got just back around when i had my op <sigh> Wouldn't be so annoyed if it was one of the other ones LOL

           

So tyre fixed we chatted to my bro in law and niece then we left to go to my younger sisters to visit...Me and sis had a good old chinwag whilst the kids all just played about and talked to each other...Then sis decided she had forgotton to give me a pressie...Said she just usually gives me some toffee(tablet to english peeps <gg>) She never made any this year though...I miss mums as she made the best ever but since she started the angina she ain't well enuff to make it...So sis gave me pics of her 3 from school...She didn't get lots of copies this year just medium size to keep which came with 2 small ones...Am chuffed as i like to have pics of them all...We went back to mums for tea...Oh we did pop past my bro's shop and K went in with their card...He did rush her out of the shop though...Also he didn't come over to the car to say hello just waved from the door even though there was other staff in and we couldn't park properly...Oh well can choose yer friends but not your family...We had fish and chips at mums :o) Home made chips and fish straight from the boat YUM...Every year the scottish fishing federation do a calendar...For every month there is a picture taken from down the years of different boats from all over scotland...Well this year 2 of the pictures were of boats from my family...In the pic for feb (my birthday month) is one of them and one of my mums brothers and my dad are in the pic :o) ...The pic for october (my mums birthday month) is a pic of boat that my grandad and some of her brothers had and 2 of them are in it too...We have all gone and got copies of it and my bro had come over to mums with mine yesterday morning...He could have waited until we would be there <sigh> but hey ho...He had also been given a copy of each of the pics seperate so gave them to mum to give to me as i like boats...Even though he was a fisherman himself he doesn't bother much with them...I have lots of pics of all kinds of different fishing boats through the years up in my bathroom LOL...I will be moving them to the hall once i decorate it...One of my uncles had asked mum for a pic of dads first boat he owned recently...Now we looked yesterday and couldn't find it...Am sure i don't have it but i might but not put it in a frame i will have to look after christmas...My older sis ended up having to work all day yesterday and was out in the evening to a dance...We managed to visit her for about 10 mins whilst she was getting ready LOL...We got home around 10pm...Oh forgot to say in the village where i grew up and mum/older sis still live...For christmas lights they have a train with santa in it on the viaduct on main street...Also in the square up on the brae they have christmas light of an old type fishing boat...They look really cool but i didn't have time to take pics :o(

                

Today the boys were in respite so me and K went into town and to visit a friend...Got everything i was buying for the boys...K got her pressies to them...Although town was busy i saved loads on the games they wanted...Ended up, by buying in 3 different shops that sell them, saving about £45 :o) I still need to go Toys R Us but couldn't tonite so will go tomorrow...We got yummy sandwiches from the yummy sandwich shop and just ate them on the go LOL...We'd spent an hour at my pals so could really go sit down anywhere...After i picked the boys up i dropped them off at the flat and headed to big asda's...It was busy but not anymore so than any usual weekend...Got everything except appletise and meringues and profiteroles...So decided to go to sainsburys on way home...Found i had to detour as the road was closed due to what looks like a mjor accident there :o( ...Which is why i didn't get to Toys R Us...Thought don't want to walk down from sainsbury to it so will go in morning first thing...Sainsburys didn't have what i wanted either LOL...From that end you could see a heck of a lot of police cars and i think 2 or 3 ambulances :o( ...There was 2 buses and i think either 1 or 2 cars so pretty serious...Got back to find one of K's friends here...The one i helped move who calls me mummy <bless> She still has no carpets so her place is freezing...She can't get them until 10th of jan...Gave her a tray of turkish delight for her christmas as usual though :o) Then sorted out the remainder that is pressies and told K she could now help herself ROFL...That is all for yesterday and today...For anyone not online tomorrow have a wonderful day on sunday and a

                          

 

Toodle pip take care xx

 

 

No comments: