Monday 5 December 2005

Monday bits

                                

The graphic above is the same kind of christmas tree lights that my mums sister has...They are older than me and the tube bit is actually liquid...The liquid bubbles up with the heat from the bulb...They always fascinated me as a child and i have never seen any to buy anywhere...I'd love to get some as long as they didn't cost the earth...My mum and dad had lights with nursery rhymes on them...I don't think my parents ones were worth much money but i did see the same with disney characters on them on antiques show on tv and they were a few bob...At first when i was little we had a small tinsel tree, then they bought a real looking one...My dad was in the freemasons (non pc these days) and after they started doing a party for the kids we always got the real tree when they finished...So we'd have the decorations up a couple of weekends before christmas day...No tree until about 2-3 days before though...Those real trees were huge and filled the big bay window we had in the lounge...My brother used to have to stand on a stepladder to decorate the top bits LOL...I got that small tinsel tree when i was at art school for my flat...I used to put it up in the boys bedroom window until i bought a 3 foot real looking one for there...Mum doesn't bother putting up a tree anymore and hasn't for a few years...She has one of those light up ceramic ones she uses though...She doesn't put up many decorations now but has some tasteful christmas ornaments instead...Except in the porch where she has a fibre optic santa and some lights she puts in the windows there...She lives in same cul de sac as my older sis...I say cul de sac but it has long road leading up either end then about 4 houses across at the top LOL...My sis and quite a few of the neighbours all have lights outside in the hedges etc...Not overdone as some can be and they look very pretty.

    

The boys are at footie training and next monday is last day before next year...The coaches have something planned for them all nextweek but i don't know what...Only a week to go to M's christmas show...So only less than a week to learn to use the camcorder thingy...Will go through all the instructions tomorrow and practise LOL...It's still raining here, it just won't seem to let up...M was refusing to go to footie earlier as it was chucking it down so am in bad books once again LOL...Gone are the days when at this time of year i could say santa wouldn't come if they didn't behave...Going to go have my tea whilst the boys are out...Am having pork and neither of them like it so can have some peace to eat it instead of rushing before I'm a celeb comes on LOL

Toodle pip tc xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iremember the lights you describe with the liquid ,havent seen any lately though ,your Mums decs sound interesting ,enjoy your dinner theyll soon be home and the peace shattered lol                 Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I have never seen any lights like those your describe, not even heard of them, must be unusual.  I see it is going all LED now, very bright and blue is the in colour.  We have a small tree with LED lights on.  When I was little we had a set of lights that Dad bought in Woolworths. They were made of glass and we heads of snowmen and santa.  We had them for around 30 years before a couple of the heads broke. I was sad to see them go.

Anonymous said...

Good grief Caff I remember those kind of lights.  My Mom still has some of the old old ones. lolol at 'Santa won't come if you misbehave', I've used that one as it was used on me.  I imagine M is practicing hard.......take your tissues with u, such emotional and proud things to watch. Rache xx