Wednesday 26 October 2005

Not a lot

I still feel shivery and yuk and spent all morning in bed...Been watching the tennis all afternoon and am on tenterhooks now as it is a tie break for the match...I so want Andy Murray to win...Sorry any Henman fans but i don't like him and besides andy murray is scottish...My older sis phoned to ask for K's addy at uni to send her birthday card then told me to go back to sleep LOL...Then i got a call from one of the workers at the carers centre...I remembered to ask her if she would be a referee for my uni application...She said yes so i will need to go in and see her when am well.

YES murray has WON...WOOHOO!!!!! ohh am happy now :o) Now i wonder if their is tickets left and if i can persuade the boys to go watch the tennis match between Scotland & England here next month...Greg Rusedski is playing as well as Andy Murray...I'd love to go buy then again it's more than likely sold out

Right where was i ahh yes my referee...The person who has said yes has known me for 13½ years...Ever since G was diagnosed and she was one of the people in charge at local autistic society...So she knows me quite well through that...She doesn't know me personally as in day to day or what i am like when i am out...I do think she knows me well enuff to give me a good reference and back up to being capable of doing the course and becoming a social worker...She does know most of my ups and down with the boys and how i have coped with them...I thought it would be better to have someone who is a professional to give me a reference who can tell them that i am capable of being on the course...She does know how determined i can be and how i want to put the knowledge i have gleaned over the years into helping other parents in my position

I managed to drag myself out to do the 5 min walk to the post office...Took me longer and i was freezing even though it is mild outside...Had to post K's digital camera cable as she had left it here...She took a few pics at the weekend of my home village and of the gig her and M went to on sat night...So she needs the cable to transfer them to her lappy...Can anyone answer this one then...How can someone manage to nick an ATM machine!!!!!!!!!!...The one at the student union on K's campus was stolen during the night...She was dead to the world and never heard a thing...No-one in her block heard anything and they are right beside the union...Hope they manage to catch whoever did it.

I finished my book yesterday and am going to start the other one i bought tonite...I love reading but haven't bought anything new for ages or managed to find time to read any for a while...There are quite a few i want to buy so am thinking i will ask for books for christmas...Am also going to have a browse round the 2nd hand bookshops here when am feeling better next week...We're watching the NTA awards tonight...It infuriates me how we know all the winners already...ITV used to show it live so why not this year??? What is the point in showing an awards ceremony like this one the day after i has taken place...It's all over the papers and teletext who won what...Think i will go an attempt to cook something for tea......Toodle pip tc xx

Tag courtesy of Sara :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, brave you for venturing out.  As for technology, I do not have a clue my friend, no good asking me.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Awards.
Will avoid like plague. Hate them.
Hope you soon feel better.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon Caff ((( ))).  You surprised me with the tennis, I always associated that with summer, I had no idea they played in Autumn......shows I'm not the sporty type don't it lol.

You'll do great as a social worker, you have the best qualifications possible already. I'm wondering if the ATM machine is one of those tichy things that pop up in shops like a sore thumb......still good grief!! at being able to shift one though. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

I love tennis too, well done to Andy Murray, there are high hopes for him. Hope you will soon be on the mend and make sure you get some rest. :-0

HUGS

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hope you start to feel better soon, i am still not 100%.  I hate tennis so won't be watching that, rugby is much better <gg>

I was annoyed too that we found out who had won awards before the show, i didn't want to know, but Paul O'Grady told us all about it on his show tonight <sighs>

Jo xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry your still feeling yuk, yes I think that person would be pleased to give you a referance she sounds ideal ,if she doesnt I will ,what do you want me to put ?LOL   Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Aww hope you feel better soon Caff :) Stick your feet up today ok. About this ATM machine going missing, I think maybe a fork lift truck and some heavy lifting gear may have been involved lol . I dunno, the things people do eh :)
Janz x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/chasdingle/ChasDinglesXFactorBlog/

Anonymous said...

Oh I know what you mean - it's the same with the Brits and that infuriates me!!  But I still sit there and watch them LOL......How can someone steal an ATM machine - clearly nothing is safe!!  I don't like Henman I think he's a weed!!