Monday 17 October 2005

Laters

I didn't get to the gym this afternoon at all...Got a call from a close friend with sad news...A man we know was killed on his motorbike on friday :o( ...It's a family we know through the local autistic society and it's a huge shock...The man who died was the parent who spoke to that autism strategy meeting i wrote about back in june about his severely autistic son...I am in two minds if to send a card or not...We haven't had a lot of contact since our kids started going to different schools and with them living in a town just south of here...Think i will though, will talk it over with my friend who phoned to tell me...Just can't believe he's gone after seeing him so animated and enthusiastic at that meeting :o(  He was a dad to 2 young children and a very active member of his community and will be greatly missed.

I lost ½lb this week LOL...Thought i was doing fine until yesterday then my throat got so sore all i've done is drink fluids all day yesterday and today...Never mind it was OFF and not on LOL...Thank you for the ideas i think jewellery is probably going to be what i get now...Just i had thought on a ring but then she wanted an MP3 player...I was going to get the ring made specific for her but it's a bit late now...When i asked her she suggested a necklace she had seen that she really liked...That's the one i already have for her from one of the boys LOL...It's strange i can't remember what i got for my 18th at all...I remember my 14th, 16th and 21st but not my 18th...Unless it was my moped but am sure i just got that to go to art school with...In fact i didn't get until the summer so can't have been...It's been annoying me for a few weeks actually LOL...MY niece who is at uni through here is going to come out with me one day next week when she doesn't have classes to have a look in town :o)...Driving lessons she doesn't want...She didn't want them for her 17th last year either...It's not that she doesn't want to learn but she can't afford a car...I couldn't afford to insure mine to cover her either...It was going to jump from £200 for the year to £1100 <ouch> If she manages to get a part time job and save some money then it might be a possibility that she's learn...she doesn't want to have her licence and not get to drive and i don't blame her...I think it's terrible that young people and learner drivers regardless of age get penalised so heavily on insurance...I have seen plenty accidents and terrible driving from older people my age as well as from youngesters...Think the boys are fed up M went and did homework today and he's not back to school until next mon LOL...To be honest i'd prefer they got 3 weeks over the festive season than have 2 weeks in oct...Anyways going to quiz and read some boards......Toodle pip xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you received the awful news about the man ,who died ,inthe motorbike accident,Ithink it would be nice if you sent them a card ,it would let them know hes in your thoughts ,clever girl still losing your weight ,Im sure K will love whatever you decide on for her eighteenth   Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the sad news Caff, a small note of sympathy is always appreciated, it helps to know people feel their loss.

.......you're doing fine at the weight, slow but sure, it's the best way. Rache xx


Anonymous said...

Agree with everyone else, I'm sure a sympathy card would be a good idea, lets his family know how well thought of he was. It is a shame that driving is so expensive now.

Anonymous said...

I think you should send a sympathy card, so sorry to hear about that :(

i think the car insurance for younger drivers is a joke, it will not encourage many to go get insurance and end up driving withouth it anyway, just don't know do we :(

Jo xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy:)
Think I have the right Caff?Hope I have lol Hope you know who I am! Sorry to hear about your friend. Very tragic indeed :( His poor children :(
Will come back and read more now I have found you. Why not take a look at my X Factor Blog, you know you want to lol
Janz x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/chasdingle/ChasDinglesXFactorBlog/

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that gentleman :-(  I think you should send a card.  That's mad that is that your insurance would jump up that much if K got put on it.  I hope you manage to think of something for her birthday