Friday 24 February 2006

Scotch Pancakes Recipe

Ok as promised my mums recipe for pancakes...Scotch pancakes as i think they're called elsewhere LOL

Scotch Pancakes   ingredients   2 eggs 8ozs self raising flour 1oz sugar 1 tablespoon syrup ½teaspoon baking powder pinch salt 1 cup of milk & water (approx)   method   mix all dry ingredients together. Add syrup & eggs and half the milk and beat for several minutes until smooth and add more milk and water until like thick cream. Then beat again for several minutes. It may be left standing in a cool place or fridge for an hour or more (don't have to) Cook on a greased HOT gridle or hot plate until you see the bubbles appearing. when bubbles appear turn over and cook the other side. Place on a dish towel immediately to absorb the steam.   If you want to add any extra ingredients like K did then just add them when mixing the dry ingredients together...If you wanted to make treacle ones then i think do half treacle & syrup...Am going to make some cinnamon ones this week as i think G may like them...Well he likes my cinnamon scones :o) If he doesn't like them then i'll eat them all myself LOL   ENJOY!!!!  If you get food poisoned dont' blame me <ggg>

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Caff -  I shall pass this on to Tom......Ally

Anonymous said...

OOOOlovely thank you Ihave printed this off going to put it in a book in kitchen ,.....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  I just printed it off so I can make some later.  Incidentely, I got an alert for this. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks Caff, just in time for Shrove Tuesday..........will be enjoying them. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

thanks for letting me know as I got no alerts from at all today.

never heard of syrup in pancakes................sounds good

Anonymous said...

ty Caff, I dont think alert went for my last entry so peek if ya like :0........Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/