Monday 20 February 2006

Chuffed but wee bit angry too

Well the boys are off school today for half term...Up here they only get 1 day half term :o)  They had friday off as in-service as well so been a long weekend...One of their friends has just come round for the afternoon so that's all 3 of them sat in the boys room playing on the PS2 LOL...It is sunny here but also very chilly so am not taking them out anywhere at all...I've been out already to pay my bill to the garage <eeks> That's me broke for the week now i sometimes wonder why i bother having a car...All they do is drain money out of you...I do need one really though for going to visit my family...Also as G's school is 6½ miles away i need one to pick him up if he's sent home sick...That is far to frequent for my liking, the base send them home if they have the mearest sniffle <sigh>

I was pleased about the tennis at silly hour in the morning LOL...I like watching tennis and i used to like playing it although i was utter rubbish...Murray has shot up the rankings again to no47 in the world...Beating the current no3 in the world and no11 in the world must have been such a boost for him :o) ...I did have to laugh at the commentators, they kept going on about him being young and fearless...Then they rounded on hewitt and started saying how old he was and maybe fading a bit...The poor lad is only in his early 20's if that's old then am well over the hill <ggg>

Got a call from the social worker i saw last week and week before...She had good news for me which am really really chuffed with...She is now our NAMED social worker :o) ...It's been almost 2 years since our last named social worker left...As i kept saying i know they're short staffed and i know other people have higher priority...However having 2 with special needs makes it a nightmare dealing with different duty sw's all the time...Having a named worker who i don't have to go through and huge long explanation with anytime i need to phone them makes life a heck of a lot easier...I really like this one she's nice, she listens, she knows her stuff and she gets things done that I want done :o) ...Am still waiting for a call from the woman at the vsa though about a new worker...Need to chase that up on wednesday.

Am fuming with edinburgh postal service...The friend we stay with when we go down to see K posted a card for me on 11th feb and it still hasn't arrived...K posted a card to me last wed and it still hasn't arrived either :o(  Am angry about both of them and especially K's as she made it for me...I know post goes missing all the time but it's infuriating and it's not first time this has happened with edinburgh area post...K was saying last night that she had seen a flat online that is 4 bedroom with 2 toilets near hollyrood in edinburgh...She said it sounds more like a house than a flat as way they'd read it it was over 3 floors...It's also reasonably priced to rent...This letting agency charge each person individually rather than for whole flat then have to divide up the cost...They want to go and see asap as it sounds too good to be true and want to know why it's so cheap LOL...I do wish i had the finance to buy a flat for her to stay in and get friends in but hey i might win the lottery one day NOT <ggg> ...For any parents who have to contribute towards their offspring being at uni then buying a place seems to be cheaper than paying rent for them nowadays...If they do go for this flat and get it i hope the 4th person is another girl and not another lad...K is a bit like me and seems to get on better with blokes as friends than females but that can sometimes have drawbacks...Like having to clean up after them all the time etc...I know that's sexist but so what <ggg>  Offski for a coffee now as it's so cold

Toodle pip tc xx

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WIRELESS ALERT FOR THIS AGAIN TODAY ,iAM SO PLEASED YOUR GETTING THE SOCIAL WORKER YOU WANTED ,THATS GOT TO MAKE LIFE EASIER ,Sorry about the capitals ,i dont know what I'm doing today lol ......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Perhaps K will be smart and teach blokes to clean up after themselves ;-)  Shame you've not received the cards.  Hope the boys enjoyed their one day.  Yay at you getting a named social worker.

Anonymous said...

Pleased you got the Social Worker you wanted Caff.  Crikey!!! that lost in the post has found a black hole. Rache xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  I`m glad you now have a named social worker. It must be a huge relief not having to go through it all time and time again.  I agree with you about cars, now I`m not working i pray mine won`t break down and cost me money I can ill afford, don`t know what I`d do without it though!  I`m so pleased about Andy Murray doing so well, he certainly has what it takes to go right to the top. :o))

Sandra xxxx