Tuesday 14 February 2006

Catch up :o)

                          

Well am playing catch up on blogs and entries on here today...Saturday the boys didn't manage to go out in the morning but did go to club...Went for a coffee with another mum from club and part way through i panicked thinking was it 4.30 and not 6.30 i had to pick up my friend from the airport...As you do LOL...We finished the coffee and came here so i could check the email...It was 6.30 <phew> ...So we went and picked up our kids and i just dropped the boys at home and left for the airport...Went into asda quickly on way there...Got to the aiport in plenty time so i thought...Her plane was 20 mins early so she had just got off the plane when i went in...She'd brought wine and voddie with her <ggg> ...We were really bad on sat night and polished off whole bottle of vodka between us LOL...I don't actually drink very often anymore and we were up to 4am just nattering and listening to music...Neither of us had a hangover either <smug>

Sunday we asked the boys if they would be okies for a couple of hours and we went into town...Met up with my best friend and her wee daughter :o) I got a purple velvet military style-ish coat for something am going to in march so was pleased...My pal got pressies to take home to her kids too :o) ...In the evening we just sat and chatted and watched some of the olympics on the telly...

Yesterday we went to go for a drive out of town once the boys had left for school...Well as i said my brakes went on the car :o( ...I was actually very very lucky...Was coming up to a pedestrian crossing so was going really slow as i saw people waiting to cross...Lights did change to red i went to put on the brakes and the pedal wasn't right...We did stop JUST...The people crossing were coming from the other side so <phew> ...Drove down and turned round next opening in dual carriageway bit and went straight up to my wee local garage...I got the car back this afternoon...It was £173.83 to fix which included labour and the VAT...Plus all the parts which weren't just new brakes & brake pads...When i went to collect it the mechanic showed me on a different car what had gone on mine...It's some small cylinder inside the wheel...If it bursts then basically your damn lucky not to have an accident and you have no chance at all...On the bright side as they had to check all my brakes to see what had gone wrong then i know they're all fine and in working order for the MOT next month...So ain't much really to go wrong for MOT <fingers crossed>  Last night we had another quiet evening with a few drinks and me on phone a lot as my family were all calling me...K phoned in the afternoon :o) I'll get a pressie from her when she comes home for easter but i really am not bothered just seeing her and having her home for a few weeks will be enough for me...I got money from my mum and my older sis...I got a lovely bag from my friend who was staying with me...I got another lovely bag from friend we met for coffee yesterday...G went into town when he got home from school and got me guylian seashell choccies and a gorgeous blue dragon to add to my collection from him and M :o) ...I got lots of lovely cards too...Birthday wishes on one of the message boards i frequent online...A huge thank you to everyone here in J-land wishing me a happy birthday as well :o)  You're all so so nice and lovely...Am NOT using my birthday money towards the brakes LOL...I have bought clothes and just need trousers or maybe (very teensy maybe) a skirt LOL

My friend went back home to england today :o( ...Sods law ain't it that just 15 mins after we ordered a taxi for her to go to the airport i get the call saying car is ready...Was too late to cancel the taxi...Never mind i will be seeing her again in march so will buy her several drinks instead...It was great having her to stay and we did have a great weekend in spite of the car being a pain...Do hope she has arrived safely as she should be home by now...Will phone laters to find out...G is off out to the friends that MrsP doesn't like LOL...So just me and M here...Going to watch Quantum Leap which i love and is being reshown on ITV3 now...Diet is seriously back on track from today as i have been an utter pig over the last few days...If not then i'll be like garfield at top of this entry again <ggg>

Toodle pip tc all xx

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh a wild weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Cath you were so lucky with the brakes on the car ,pleased you had a good b/day ,Where abouts in England does your friend live ?............Jan xx

Anonymous said...

that was lucky with the brakes, sounds like a good weekend was had ...............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Not been getting alerts this week so thought I'd try and catch up.  I feel so sorry that I missed your birthday :-(  Hope you had a good one and what a pain about your car but at least it's fixed!!