Monday 16 January 2006

Monday

I give up on alerts as they seem to skip every other entry on this journal of mine...Not that i expect anyone to have it on alert but i have a friend who only reads the alerts and not the journal itself :o( 

G had his maths prelim today and was a right wee so n so when he came home...I asked how he had got on bearing in mind that maths is his best subject...So the general papers he found easy peasy...He then said he was grateful for the Credit level papers as he found them more of a challenge...I said if you found it difficult it must have been really hard and i must admit i was a bit worried....Wee toerag said it was easy too just a bit more challenging than the other papers...Grrr told him don't scare me like that again...He just laughed <huff> He got injured again at footie training (serves him right LOL) This weeks it's his foot as both him and another lad went for ball at same time and feet clashed.

I was a good girl tonight and went back to weightwatchers...I haven't been since beginning nov i think <slaps hand> I knew i'd put back on some weight but not nearly as much as i thought :o) So a new year and fresh start on the old diet malarky...I hadn't stopped going to the gym during that time so that has probably helped keep some of it off...This year fingers crossed i will get down to target and be much healthier for it...that is if i don't end up ill all the time like last year but hey i only had one gall bladder and it's long gone <ggg> 

I forgot to put in yesterdays entry about something i found funny at the uni...We had gone to the uni shop as i wanted to take money out of the cashpoint...On the way back we had to cross the small loch again...The students all call it the swamp as it is so murky LOL...As i said in an entry last year there are lots of ducks, swans, geese and various other birds around the uni...Lots of them live near the loch...So on the way back to K's halls we walked past the side of the loch and most of the birds were up out of the water swarming around one of the halls...When we went to cross the bridge they followed us...Was quite amusing to see about 30 odd birds rush over to swim across and follow us LOL...K turned and started shooing at them as they have now started to come up to her halls and annoy the residents in the ground floor rooms...Daft things :o) Another thing as most reading this know i am severely acrophobic to point where changing lightbulbs is a nightmare...Well on way home we got stuck on the Forth road bridge...I absolutely HATE driving across bridges and the idea of having to stop halfway across has always scared me...Didn't just happen once yesterday oh no it happened several times ARGHH...There is roadworks on the motorway as soon as you cross the bridge which were holding up the traffic :o(  I had both the boys telling me breath slowly and stay calm <bless> Am surprised my steering wheel didn't break off i was gripping it so tight my knuckles were white.

I can sleep for an extra hour tomorrow as G is not back in school until fri HURRAH...I've told him he can stay sleeping but i am going to the gym so not to worry if he wakes up and am not there...I will of course lock the door and he knows not to answer either the door or the phone if he's in on his own...Hope an alert goes out tonight for this LOL...Do please read yesterdays entry if one does :o)

Toodle pip tc xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for going back to Weightwatchers :-D IF you want to come join our slimming support message board, just give me a shout, Caff, and I'll sort you an invite
(I never had an alert for yesterday's entry either!)
Lxxx

Anonymous said...

Iknow how you feel ,about heights the very thought of it ,makes me cringe and yet Iwent on the London Eye and it didnt trouble me ,isnt that strange Maurice had anticipated trouble from me lol .Pleased G's math exam went ok ,at least we think it did lol ,oh poor thing hurting his foot ,is he ok now ?,you should have had your camera ,for the ducks lol ....Janxx

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the bridge. It's a long enough drop to write your will. ;)
After all the roadworks are there because the supporitng cables are rusting away....

Bungee jumping would be good hobby!

Anonymous said...

Glad that G got  on OK with his Maths ....It's nice to know that it is one of his best subjects...Hope his foot isn't too badly injured...Must have been a painful clash...
had you gained much weight ? and how much are you planning on losing ?...I would loved to see the geese etc. following you....although I bet they can be a bit of a nuisance to the residents...I really felt for you having to stop on that bridge...enjoy your extra time in bed ...although really you should be up exercising lol......Ally

Anonymous said...

well done for going back to weight watchers, its not easy to go back after a break. Well done to G on maths results. Alerts are terrible at the mo, I havent had any from your journal and I am another person who reads the alerts and not the journal, maybe I should just check journals every day. I have you on alert though :)..........Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrr......at the alerts - I know what you mean about giving up on them.  I've turned all mine off and reset them all to see if that makes a difference but hardly anyones reading my journal boo hoo - sorry to moan!!  Well done G with the maths and to you for going back to weight watchers.  fingers are crossed that you hit that target :-)

Anonymous said...

nobody really cares

Anonymous said...

Well done to G with the maths and you also for going back to WW.  Not easy - i know myself!  Good Luck

Jo xxx