Friday 30 September 2005

fibbing phone companys LOL

Lets try VERDANA see if it shows up right <ggg> I fell back asleep after the boys went to school and my older sis woke me up when she phoned LOL...Just as well i had several things to do today...Not least of which was telling OneTel where they could go shove the account i opened with them...A couple of weeks ago had 2 salesmen on my doorstep and what the explained to me sounded pretty good deal...I found out they fibbed big time though...They told me they were the ONLY company who could now provided line rental as well as BT...RUBBISH...They also said they would take over ALL the services i had from BT without me having to do anything...RUBBISH...So i phoned today and got India and the woman really found my accent and what i was trying to explain difficult...Eventually she said they would call me back...Told her sorry i am going out and i am out this evening and all day tomorrow...Got put onto a senior customer services person quick smart <ggg> ...So now i have it cancelled HURRAH...She begged me to try them for a month and i said no way...Got offered free services for a month and still said no...I told her i don't trust them as i was lied to in the first place...She apologised and said the salesmen should never have said what they did...I currently pay my calls through Talk Talk and have found they can also take over my line rental in a few weeks time and at a cheaper rate :o) ...So then i phoned BT and told them not to cut me off next week LOL...See BT were going to cut my line off from them from the 6th oct YET OneTell weren't taking it over until 29th oct...Pray tell what was i supposed to do between those dates...Sheesh...Anyways it's sorted for now and i will consider the Talk Talk package.

Went into town and paid the bill that was due and also had to get that particular bank to remove charges they had put on my account yet again...This all stemmed from them putting charges on LAST month that they shouldn't have...It was supposed to have been sorted properly back then but obviously wasn't...Luckily i got to speak to someone who knows me from old branch and she got it all fixed :o) ...Went into branch of a different bank that K opened her student account with...They didn't tell her that her bank card was being sent to the branch and NOT here...So i have arranged for them to send it on to the branch on campus so she can just pick it up...Phoned her and left a message telling her the account is now operational and to go into the branch on campus and she can withdraw money there if needs be...They will also be able to give her the details she needs to send to SAAS so her next loan and bursary payments can go into that account...What a kerfuffle but hopefully it's sorted too...M came home with a payment book for his trip next june...Luckily it can be paid up from now until next may rather that all in one go :o) ...Also have the first of many forms to fill in giving consent for him to go...I'm not sure if i posted link to where they are going in a previous entry but i'll add it in a mo once i've finished this one LOL...He's really excited about going :o)

When in town i went and picked up info on post graduate in social work...RGU has an open day next week so i will pop along so i can actually talk to someone from the dept...I don't have the type of degree they look for but i do have a degree...I also have an awful lot of years of experience with disabilities and social work from that...Unlike most post graduate courses this one is 2 years long...you can also do an extra year (well 3 months) to turn it into an MSc...There is such a lack of social workers that is an area in which finding a job is not going to be that hard...I really need to investigate the financial side and see if i can afford to do it...Also i need to know how it will affect K's position...I should find out at the open day or from phoning the woman who's number i got given...Am gonna feel daft at this open day where it will be full of 16/17/18 year olds and me this old wifey looking around <ggg>

G has last snowboarding lesson of this session tonight...Need to drop off things K wants down with her friend...They could have taken her TV with them but she has decided she doesn't want it there!!!...Uni doesn't have sky in their rooms bets that's why ROFL...In her new found group of friends there is her, another girl and the rest are all boys...None of the boys have bothered stocking up with food yet TSK...This other girl is feeding them...I told K look i don't mind if you want to cook for them BUT they have to provide some food for you to cook...Or if they don't then THEY buy ALL drinks when you go out together...She's found that one of the girls on the bottom floor of her section is doing the exact same course as her so they are going to get together :o) ...HEr lappy isn't fixed yet...They did try with an XP boot disc but although it booted up XP it then blue screened :o( ...My XP disc (full version) will be no good as it is XP home edition and it's XP Pro that is on her happy...Told her to toddle over to the IT dept and get them to help her...They should be able to fix it up...Told her if they charge you let me know and i will reimburse her...Going to get the link to Bendrigg and post it on here so you can see what it looks like...ttfn xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since having a bad experience with changing electric companies I have vowed never to change again. Hope K gets her 'happy' sorted <gg>

Anonymous said...

Never believe what they say on your doorstep, i just tell them to go away.  Hope K gets the lappy fixed.

JO xxx

Anonymous said...

I won`t change my gas, water ( I don`t think you can do that!) electric or phone, there always has to be a catch.  I`m very suspicious of all these people who say they can save you money...Bah!  :-)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

You have been busy sorting out phone companies and banks haven't you??!!