Tuesday 20 September 2005

Distress and other stuff

I had to phone G's base today as yesterday he was extremely distressed when he got home from school...He'd forgotten his home school book so i couldn't write a note in there...He had to do a talk in english...Now that alone was news to me...I got told today that he had said he would practise it at home on me!!!!...IF he remembered to take his home/school book back here more often then maybe i would know these things...Disorganisation is an aspergers trait he has in spades and it does frustrate me a lot...Not that i am that great at being organised myself LOL...Anyway this talk...He had missed it last week due to being off sick...The english teacher had arranged it that he wouldn't have to talk in front of the whole class...Well yesterday she mucked that up BIG TIME...She asked him to do his talk there and then and the whole class was there...Well that totally freaked him out and he just couldn't do it at all...He was so embarrassed about it all :o( ...Embarrassment is an emotion he has never really displayed before but is starting to be affected by it a lot just now...The english teacher came down to the base and apologised to him and explained it was HER fault and not his at all...I think he is slightly over it today but am not sure...He felt so bad that he couldn't eat his tea last night :o( ...He is off out to a friends for the evening so could be why he is a happy chappie today.

At footie last night BOTH the boys were happy and used their new footie boots...M found it easier to play in them actually which is a bonus :o) ...They were much more chilled last night too which is good...I don't think M likes playing indoors because it is too noisy and they were inside last tues because of rain...They are so looking forward to the tournament next wed now...The only downside is we have to be at the football pitches for 6.30AM eeekks.

Went to the gym this morning and then went and met my sis...The flat my cousins son has bought is really spacious and fairly central too...Didn't see my neice as she had induction all day at uni...She's in again tomorrow but i don't think she is moving in to the flat properly until the weekend...Off to take in washing then go visit my bestest friend :o) ...National Autism Awareness day is this saturday btw so am using my ribbon siggy tags all week :o) ...Toodle pip take care xx

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great siggy, at least the teacher realised her mistake, poor G xx

Anonymous said...

I hated talking in front of the whole class, I'm with him, we'd have freaked out together and kept each other company. Glad she realized her mistake. xxRache

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww poor thing I'm not surprised he wasn't happy about having to do the talk in front of the whole class.  I wouldn't have been either!!  Glad they are getting on ok in their footie though :-)

Anonymous said...

I would have freaked had i had to talk to the whole of the class just like that, not surprsied poor G was totally freaked by the experience.  Glad the teacher admitted it was her fault and so she should.  

Jo xxx