Tuesday 1 January 2008

rubbish on telly and rubbish weather but nowt new for starting the year with lol

         

 

Just a quickie Happy New Year to everyone...However you celebrated i hope you enjoyed yourselves...I really wasn't bothered much about celebrating this year so we didn't do anything last night except stay in and watch the STV celebrations from Edinburgh then M watched the Take That gig...We got it around an hour later than it was shown in England...The fireworks over Edinburgh castle looked spectacular.

Today it has been very rainy, very damp, very wet and very miserable...And the telly has been dire to say the least...So just the usual weather to start the year with LOL...My big sis phoned typically whilst i was in the loo and the boys weren't awake...And that was about midday LOL...Phoned her back and she'd been to see mum in the morning...She said mum looked better today and she was going back this evening...Phoned my little sis and a couple of pals to wish them happy new year...I'd phone my big bruv but as he's never seen fit to give me his phone number after he moved then i can't, he's also ex directory...And i doubt he has been over to see mum at all...We'd already phoned K dead on midnight...They were having a quiet new year just the two of them and she is having a party tomorrow for some friends of theirs...Got the boys to phone their father as i reckoned he'd not bother phoning them like last new year...My ex bro in law is up here for hogmanay so i guess we will get a visit at some point.

Little sis phoned at tea time to say she'd popped over to see mum...The hospital is about 10 mins walk from their house but she'll have driven over as weather is just as manky up there...Mum is doing as she is told and actually eating...She has been taken off her diabetic medication completely for now until she is stabilised...Once she is eating properly again and over the bug then they will reintroduce her medication...Sis said mum looked well and was a lot chirpier and talkative...She will be down in the dumps a lot on fri but my sisters will have warned the staff...That will be 21 years since my dad died and it still feels like only yesterday really...But it is big sisters birthday on sun and my youngest nephews next tues...And we have Ms audition to look forward to next week as well

Have a prosperous and healthy 2008 :o)

Toodle pip tc

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year my friend.  It has been a day like any other for us, just the two of us watching it rain.  Like you say, tv is utter rubbish, I really do not know why we expect everything to be different on New Year's Day, after all it is just a date, a day like any other. Glad your Mum is doing better xxxx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Aye craptelly...............
so what'snbew..........

Anonymous said...

Caff Glad your Mum is doing well ~ just popped in the wish you and yours a Happy and contented "2008" and to wish M good luck for his audition next week ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff, so sorry I haven`t visited for a while, I haven`t had an alert from you for ages so I`m here via the link in my journal. What on earth is going on with AOL? Anyway, I`ve re-alerted you....doesn`t sound right but you know what I mean...lol!    and hopefully we can resume where we left off ages ago!  Have a very Happy New Year and I look forward to reading your entries. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

http://

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family ~ hope your mum is ok xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife