Monday 4 February 2008

Well i trotted down to the physio appointment today...The place i have to go is only about 5 maybe 10 mins walk at the most from my flat which is handy...Means i don't have to pay to park in hospital grounds and spend forever and a day finding a parking space in first place....So i got this lovely male physio...He checked my details were right then he wrote notes on where i was hurting and then asked how i did in my shoulder...I did wear a vest top under my sweatshirt as having been to physio before i knew i'd probs have to undress a wee bit...So he pushed, pulled, poked and prodded then came to conclusion i had in 'technical' terminolgy given myself a good old dunt and a half LOL...Because there are so many muscles, ligaments and tendons in that area he wasn't able to identify any specific ones that have been damaged...Probably several he decided after all the poking about...So i need to buy a couple of heatpacks or wheaties...I need to heat one up and put it on my neck for at least 5 mins, then do the neck exercise he wants me to do...Then do same with my shoulder except it's a different exercise...To do as much as i can without being in pain or badly aching...If i do ache or am in pain to stop and change to other arm...To not drive too often yet and definitely not long distance...Which is a pain in the bum as i really want to go and visit my mum and my sisters...But hey ho can't be helped...It will take a while to get back to normal but that's just how it is and hopefully i can be driving properly sooner rather than later...Especially as it's my younger sisters 40th birthday next month and G's 18th 3 days after hers.

My sis me and mum and older sis are clubbing together for her pressie...I think i will make her some jewellery similar to older sisters as well...As for G well am still flummoxed as to what to get him...Males are a pain to buy for at best of times but for a special birthday ARRGGHHHH...Gonna go do tea before that gives me a king size headache again LOL

Toodle pip tc xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch ,I do hope the hunky physio gave you good advice and you get an improvement in your shoulder ,and less pain,I thought your jewelry was lovely a good idea for a present ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Caff it is handy having your physio appointment so close to home ~ takes away a lot of stress looking for a parking space ~ Hope the advice your lovely Male Physio has given you will give you relief from pain and get your shoulder better ~ and get you back behind the drivers wheel ~ It is a lovely idea to make jewllery for your sisters birthday ~ I think I would give G Money so he can buy his own present ~ I would have no idea what to buy an 18 year old Male ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff, I`m glad you don`t have far to go for your physio, I had to go to our local hospital when I had back problems and I always had trouble parking. By the time I had my appointment my back was even more knotted up because I was stressed out! What to buy an 18 yr old boy for his birthday? I wish I could suggest something, I`ve never known what to by my Dan since he was in his teens.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

males are easy...............;)))

Anonymous said...

Don't you be overdoing it :)

Anonymous said...

I guess G has all the latest gadgets and gizmo's for his room huh??  No doubt you'll think of something ~ great help aren't I lol.........Hope what the physio has told you to do helps a little bit but it's a shame you can't go and see your mum and sisters :(

jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife