Tuesday 5 February 2008

Can't sleep so decided to type in here LOL

Tomorrow  well really later this morning i have my 3rd injection...I guess it must be doing the trick as they've stopped totally...Also despite the hospital doctor saying my flushes would get worse my own GP said it may relieve them or stop them and hey they've stopped too...Two drawbacks...I feel mega nauseaus (sp) for a week after having it and also my skin is dry as a bone...My skin is dry regardless but it's so dry now you can visibly see my forehead flaking...I've tried umpteen creams and lotions and as we've had an Aldi open up here just before christmas am going to try there tomorrow...Apparently according to reports they have a fantastic el cheapo range that is flying off the shelves and does what all the expensive lotions and potions do...Well a couple of quid is worth a shot, better than the £15 or £20 for stuff that didn't work.

K is coming home this weekend to visit as it is my birthday next week :o) Smiley is for K coming home not me getting older LOL...Have to rope the boys into helping me clean up a bit as the place looks like a midden...Google it if you don't know what one is <g> Seriously a lot of chores have fallen by the wayside with my knackered shoulder and it is seriously pissing me off...I drove them to and from club tonight and my shoulder is killing me again :o(  I cannot keep asking favours of people to chauffeur my lads about...K is bringing me a special pressie YEAH...Not a birthday pressie just something i wanted...Once i have it and instal it and can work it then i can get going on trying to create a reasonable looking website :o) ...The mum from M's school who is a cariacturist paid £400 for her website to be done for her professionally and quite frankly it is extremely basic and a bit pants IMO.

Having had a serious think and getting all fired up due to me offering to do K a couple of very simple bracelets i really want to do the jewellery thing again...I will go and see about getting advice on how to go about this...Maybe weddings are the route to go down...See for my younger sisters wedding i made her a 'horseshoe' from K & G although he was only 4 months old at the time...What i used was the material left over from the flowergirl dresses...Cut that into approx 9inch wide by 4 inch high heart shape...Decorated the front with 'pearls' and crystals and used the 'pearl' string for their initials...The 'pearl' string around the edge also created a looped handle...Now that could be adapted to ring pillows, small for favours and also as 'horseshoes'...You know something i am MAD...What i want to do and how many things i want to do seem rather daunting and an awful lot for one person to do alone...But if successful could create me needing someone to help me out and for that i could use K as a part time job for her whilst she is at uni...Especially the jewellery which although simple to do looks fab and can be done fairly quickly,,,Cards, favours, tiaras and other hair accessories would take longer...Then again i would put up a notice saying at least 4 months warning required...I know there is a lot of competition out there but there are more and more doing it and there is a market...People like something different and apart from the jewellery which can be quite similar then i think i could make it work...I've looked at various packaging websites and the bloke i got the business card off they actually appear to be amongst the cheaper companies and one you don't have to buy hundreds off of at a time...I just can think of a catchy name yet...I want the word design in it and possibly my name...Or creations rather than design...Hmmm.

Well as you may have guessed i couldn't sleep as my head was buzzing and my shoulder is aching...G is on study leave and off tomorrow so i get an extra 75 mins in bed LOL...He has a prelim on thurs so he is going in to the base to study tomorrow...But he is going in at lunchtime and taking the bus in....He reckons he may have a B for last weeks advanced higher tech studies prelim...A B grade in advanced higher is supposed to equivalent to an A in higher...His higher physics he reckons he has an A pass in that no problem...And it is it that he needs at least a B in for the conditional offer...K she has asked me to link her journal here...She hasn't written in it much but if anyone reads it then it may encourage her to write some more in it <g> Am going to try the sleep thing again now LOL

Ponderings And Thoughts

Toodle pip tc xx

PS: Rach i think i have literally just thought of a solution (you know what am on about) i will try it out in el cheapo wire first and see if it works...But after K's visit

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lololol Caff!!! you're a whirlwind.  I know whatever you do will have 'thought' put into it...........and that means a lot to me.  Soooooo Mint Tea lady :) it's said to sooth and aid rest.  Very good fer teething little ones.

You can buy an Aola Vera gel from the health shop 2.99 that helps with stuff like that :)
the dry skin that is.

Don't rush :) I'm in no hurry, pressies never come to me on special days they happen when it's time. And!!........go get some zzzzzzzz's will you :) Rache

Anonymous said...

P.S.   You can also buy it online.  I buy about three tubes a time that way and they last for absolute ages.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Caff, I have dreadfully dry skin as well.  The only thing I find that does help is Aloe Vera.  It has to be the 99 per cent stuff and you can get it at Holland and Barratts if you have one or it should be in any good health shop.  It not only does wonders for the skin but is very soothing and cooling.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I shall pop over and say hello to K :o)  Sorry your shoulder has not got any better ~ that sucks but I hope you find some cream to help with your skin.  Sounds like you have a plan regarding the jewellrey sounds exciting.  I suppose Caff's Creations is too bland a name huh??   Well done G in his mocks sounds like they are going well

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Ihope the cream from Aldi's does the trick ,you have lots of good ideas here ,Iwonder what you will decide once you have taled it over with Kerry ..love Jan xx