Friday 8 February 2008

Crappy couple of days

I know it is mega mega late but i've not had time to do this entry before now...K is home for the weekend but she didn't get here until nearly half past midnight...Taxied from Dundee courtesy of Scotrail because her train was late so she missed the last connection...I was allowed to open my early birthday pressie and it is another gorgeous dragon :o) Sadly the shop in Edinburgh where she gets them from usually is CLOSING DOWN...How dare they do that to me <sobs> And it was closed so K managed to find one in a small jewellers but it was their last one...They don't get them in very often <sniff> The only other place i know is in Peterhead :o( 

I have felt extremely nauseous since my injection on wed morning...Which is a pain with having to eat to take the painkillers...And i can't do without them yet :o(  ...Mum was taken poorly on wed and ended up in hospital on thurs...And it is the hospital up north and of course am barred from and unable to drive to see her :o( ...The train times are not visiting times friendly either and the nurses i have spoken to won't give me any leeway...So i wasn't sleeping much being worried about mum and feeling sick and still having very painful shoulder...I was sick in the early hours of friday so i fell asleep after M left for college...To be woken up by the phone...Thought it might be K or one of my sisters phoning but no it was my brother...Now my delightful brother hasn't phoned me at all since he moved to where he lives now which is at least 5 years if not more...He's never seen fit to give me his phone number and he's ex directory or even his address...And he was rather angry and being really quite nasty on the phone :o( ...Demanding to know if i knew mum was in hospital and when i knew as he'd only been told 10 mins previous...Well hey if he actually phoned mum or visited her then he would know she's not in best of health and deteriorating a lot...He only lives TWO miles as the car goes and about a mile as the crow flies from mum...But he always says he is too busy to visit her and he never bluddy well phones her either...Am 64 miles from mum and i phone her at very least every 2nd day...But no he expects everyone to be at his beck and call and i came off the phone in tears...He was slagging off both my sisters and being downright rude and nasty about everything...And being so gobsmacked i said little back to him or i would have said a few choice things myself...But when my younger sister did that he slammed phone down on her and 10 mins later was in her workplace shouting and swearing and sticking his finger in her face...And you know i wouldn't put it past him to have come all the way here and done the same to me...Neither of my sisters slept at all on wed night...They had doctor out to mum in middle of the night and then her own GP out on thurs morning...And then my older sister took her to Elgin A&E and she was admitted...They were both too shattered to phone anyone on thurs night really...As they say you can choose your friends but not your relatives but it's not pleasant when it's your own sibling being so damned horrid when your mum is ILL...She was scanned today as they thought she might have a blood clot in her leg but it's clear...The cellulitis is back :o( ...And they are giving her too much diabetic medication in their as well <sigh> Oh delightful brother said he was going to visit mum tonight and he would phone me when he got home...Hmmm still waiting for the call.

My best pal took me to asda as the airbed thing burst somewhere and i couldn't be bothered looking for the leak and to patch it up...I've driven too much this week :o(  Think i will have to restrict my shopping to a tues when i have to drive the boys to club...So am only driving twice until it improves...Am almost out of painkillers and they wouldn't repeat prescription them...So need to phone on monday and see if i can see my own GP and get some more...And i hate to say this but i fell and did in my right side, especially my shoulder...Well Ally has now done the same and i do believe in things coming in three's...So yous be careful as someone else from J-land is gonna end up like me and Ally...Oh and i was offline from thurs afternoon until fri afternoon with no connection full stop...Will leave that for another entry...Have a pleasant and SAFE weekend everyone

Toodle pip tc xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Caff, what an awful few days, take it as easy as you can xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Cath so sorry to hear about your Mum ,and you really dont need your brother sounding off at a time like this ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I`m so sorry to hear that your mum is ill Caff. You`d think the ward nurses would be more flexible under the circumstances and let you visit.   You could really do without your brother behaving like that, you`ve got enough to worry about without him adding to it...grrr!  Take care.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

How could your brother be so nasty??  He sounds horrible!!  I think you should've put the phone down on him, mind you, you wouldn't want him at yours being nasty to your face by the sounds of things :(  I'm really sorry to read your mum's ill ~ my best wishes are with you and your family xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your Mum Caff (((( you're just in the wars lately )))) Two days to go but I'll say Happy Birthday now..........enjoy lots of soft cuddles. Rache