Saturday 16 February 2008

Pah!!!!!

To be honest i didn't really want my best friends wee lad trotting around wedding exhibition with us today...It's not really a place for a small 4 year old to go wandering...So i arranged to meet her at the venue whilst he was at his drama class...All well and good but it gave us about 45 mins to have a gander at the displays...Of course at these events you get asked when are you getting married so she was the one pretending LOL...It would have helped a bit if she hadn't spent half our alloted time chatting to this woman who plays the harp on where she could get lessons for her kids...They're too little to play the damned thing...Eventually i got her to move on and whispered to her to check out the tiaras just around the corner...To ask what the bases were made from LOL...Ok it would have helped if i had noticed there was another smaller table with tiaras on it...And guess which one she asked LOLOL...Yups the one that wasn't selling handmade ones....We're going back tomorrow ROFL...I have searched and searched and i cannot find any suppliers that do sterling silver tiara bases...Silver plate yes but sterling silver no...I really can't for the life of me see how some can charge so much when the base itself is only very cheap silver plated...I suppose if the rest is proper silver and with good quality embellishments then they can charge whatever...And hey they must sell or they wouldn't keep doing it...Of course my aim is to not just do the stuff i already have done in the past but to also do what i wasn't allowed to when i was at art school...I studied jewellery and woven textiles with jewellery as my main subject...I rather fancied sort of combining the two together...Basically i wanted to make knitted or more to the point crocheted silver, titanium or niobium wire jewellery of a sort...And that i am working on doing now except in coloured wire that is more designed for that purpose with st silver findings of course...Can you tell i don't like gold much LOL...Besides real 9ct gold findings etc cost a fortune...Anyways all the stalls today seemed to have a specific thing that they did...The stall my pal went to that i didn't want her to go to was the only one i saw that was selling a mix of wares...Favours, tiaras and jewellery...None of which were handmade or at least they didn't look it...Some of the cakes on the umpteen wedding cake design stands were awesome...Soaring castles and the like...Hmmm IF (and it won't happen i know) i ever find another fella and get married again i want a castle cake with a dragon on it <G>

Apart from the above my shoulder is killing me cos everyone in the packed exhibition was bumping into it and my feet are killing me...One place where i often buy bits and bobs of crafting and art supplies is possibly closing down....They have 3 shops here but the chain apparently is in administration...NOOOOOOOOOO i screamed...So i bought up stuff they had that i use before they suddenly close down on me...I sent off a pair of earrings i made for one of you and they have arrived and said person is pleased with them...Might put a pic up some time of them with permission...My shop that may be closing down didn't have a field sketch book in the size i wanted...Neither did the other art supplies shop...I think Asda have, well i hope they were where i also saw some...Tis either Asda or Sainsburys...I want to take lots of pics of the architecture here and maybe the trees and i have ideas swirling around my head for designs derived from those sources...I really need them drawn down on paper so i can get them out of my head and relax...Right offski for another surf to pinpoint some suppliers

Toodle pip tc xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to have been with you today ,and Idont have a four year old to bring along ,all your ideas sound amazing ,hope your shoulder and feet son feel better ,good luck with your surfing ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

They can charge so much because that's what people will pay for them.  Shame about the shop :(

Anonymous said...

If you ever find that fella promise me I can come to the wedding I really want to see that cake :o) the ideas you have for your jewllery sound great and the tiaras are a very good idea ~ look forward to seeing some when you find the bits and pieces you need ~ Ally x