Sunday 16 April 2006

whoops

Forgot earlier so will say here...I still have no idea if these pills the doctor gave me are helping or not...Now that K is back at uni then i hope i get some idea as i know i would have felt a wee bit better with her being home regardless...I have the gp on tues afternoon but i am going to ask for a change in anti depressants...Basically i can't deal with the side effects i seem to be getting...It's not listed as a side effect but my skin and hair is extremely dry...I have dry skin and hair anyway and getting drier is not good...Also my throat and mouth are constantly dry since going on these pills...I have to either keep sipping at liquid all the time or chew on gum to create saliva...In the mornings when i waken up my mouth and throat feel awful, worse than if i have some cold or other...So am either sipping liquid or in the loo all the time and am keeping asda going in moisturiser and body lotion...Also i have put on weight since started to take them and that is one thing i could really do without grrrr...The higher doseage instead of making me really sleepy at night are giving me insomnia and consequently am dead tired during the day...Unless am doing something i fall asleep at drop of a hat...Fortunately i am ok to drive as driving keeps me awake...Will see what the gp says on tues..Now off to nag G that he is back at school on wed and has 2 days to do all the work he was supposed to over the holidays  TEENAGERS <sigh>

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caff ~ Hope you get something from the Doctor that don't cause those side effects ~ (sadly all tablets have one kind or other) Hope you and the boys and K Have had a good Easter so far ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  You can`t put up with all those side effects, it`s enough to make you even more depressed.  I hope the doctor can find you something that suits you better.  I`m sorry I haven`t left a comment for a while but I`ve not had an alert from you for ages.  Flippin` AOL!  Have a really nice Easter. :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Most of the anti-depressants have dry mouth and throat side effects but they do stop after a few weeks.  Dry skin is NOT something I have ever heard associated with them though. So cannot help on that.  I have had very dry skin since the menopause but that probably does not apply to you.

Like Sandra, I am not getting alerts on your journal until this one, I really do not know why.  Hope you are having a nice Easter
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Caff, like everyone else I haven't been getting alerts :( Sometimes it takes a few goes to get the right brand, unfortunately most have the dry mouth side effect but it does pass

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the eggs all went down well Caff.  I never have side effects, I suppose it knows what it needs, sorry you've got some troubles, hope the Doc can advise. Rache

Anonymous said...

As I just said got no alert yesterday ,then the wireless thingy today , We will all be back to what poses as normal by Tuesday.........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Caff I didn't get an Alert on this or your last entry ~ which I read and enjoyed I love your newsy ones ~ Hope your GP can help with the anti depressants sadly all pills have some kind of side effect ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

I did get an alert, but have missed entries elsewhere.  AOL just likes to keep us guessing I think ;o)
I know what you mean about having a dry mouth as a side effect.  It is horrible in the morning especially isn't it!  
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

got an alert for this one. I would ask for a change of tabs too, the side effects sound horrible, hope your GP sorts it out for you..............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Mmmm......doesn't sound too good I hope you can get it sorted at the GP's