Thursday 6 April 2006

Not a lot really

          

 

Well on tuesday i was woken slightly earlier than alarm by the phone...It was one of the receptionists from the doctors...My GP had phoned in sick so they had to phone around and rearrange appointments for everyone...Mum could have come in after all but poor man can't help getting ill...Took the boys to new building that respite playscheme is at...I wasn't happy there were workmen there installing phone lines...Also someone walked past me said morning and i was so shocked i just went OH...That person used to be the general manager but *left* 2 years ago, hmmm not happy...Phoned social work when i got home which resulted in me phoning somewhere else to complain...Result was apparently the phone engineers had turned up out of the blue from down in central scotland...They didn't want to turn them away so kept the kids out of the way whilst they installed the lines, hmmm...Ok i said i'll let that one go what about the yuk smell of new paint...Now thing is people with autism very often have sensory issues/problems...G has a lot of sensory issues and smells is one of them...Apparently a fan had broken and they had been unable to get rid of the smell from one of the rooms...So they've been ordered it has to be fixed as a HIGH PRIORITY and asap...Will see next week if it has been...Also the man who was dealing with it for me said he'd spoken to X who was the general manager...I said thank you very much for that piece of information nothing you can do but you just confirmed a suspicion i had...Left the poor blokes mind boggling when our call ended LOL...I am NOT HAPPY about this man being back in charge there...I want my 2 out of there and somewhere else ASAP...The reasons he left i am not supposed to know but it's a very small grapevine and i know my contact is 100% reliable...To have him back in my mind i sheer folly and he has no right to be working in a place like he is...Anyways will talk it over with my social worker...Oh i took them to playscheme in a blizzard LOL...When i went to collect them in the afternoon it was glorious sunshine and warm...Weird weather <ggg> K got her eye test done and got new glasses...As she's still 18 she got NHS discount on them without having to go through rigmarole of filling out a form declaring she is a student andpaying up front and getting money back...She needs glasses for reading, close work, watching telly and using the computer...I must be due a test soon as well as am sure it was 2 years ago and not last year i had my last one.

Yesterday i woke with a migraine...Couldn't open my eyes my head was so sore...K crept out of the flat to meet her pal for the day thinking i was asleep...Told her when she came back to pick up jimjams that i was awake just not able to open my eyes...I did manage to get up about 11.30am as the boys had a friend coming over for the afternoon...Worked out fine that as i hardly saw them all afternoon :o) ...K stayed at her friends last nite and got home late this afternoon whilst i was out at asda...One of my friends came round with a computer monitor last nite...She'd got it free off someone at her work...Just need to get old PC set up properly again for the boys...With windows98 on it...XP is no good for some of their old games...I've been getting told to buy them new games and i said they have new ones but they like their old star trek games and i need a machine that can play them and XP doesn't not properly LOL.

Am taking my pills i have no idea how am supposed to know if they are working or not...I had gone to the doctors before i let things get to a stage where i would defo have been able to tell a difference in how i feel...Just wait and see i suppose...I haven't started a private journal yet as i can't decide what screenie i want to write it under...I spoke to K about it and she thinks might be a good idea...I said that i would let her read it but no-one else...She can maybe tell me where i've got something wrong or missed something...I do find myself recalling more as i am thinking about it all :o) She also pointed out that i don't have to write stuff chronologically just now but just as and when it comes back to me...Then if i decide to try and see if it's worth asking about turning it all into a book i could sort it out then...Chances of that every happening are about zilch as am not the best at writing

Today i've done not a lot really except go to asda for a food shop...It's nice and sunny outside although a wee bit chilly at points...There was snow this morning but i never saw it not being awake that early...The one joy of school hols is not having to get up at 7am <ggg>  Time for a coffee and some ginger nuts to dunk in it...Have to make it meself as M is watching Dr Who again...Oh and as am Scottish and a *Bird* maybe you should steer clear in case of bird flu <ggg>

Toodle pip tc xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

In spite of all your probs you still joke ,you scots bird you ,what dont you like about the man?The private journal for you and K might be a good idea at least you could off load abit ........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I would not be happy at the old manager coming back either and would want the boys in a new place too. I hate migraines, they are the worst, hope yours cleared up.............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

I like the way gingernuts go all gooy and toffee when u dunk them.  Private journals have their uses Caff, little corners to think in. Rache

Anonymous said...

It is rotten that i am not getting alerts for your journal!
What a great an interesting entry.

Anonymous said...

well done you for speaking up against that Man.I want a ginger nut biscuit now,havent had one for years.

Anonymous said...

Glad K got her new glasses sorted out.  Hope you manage to find somewhere else for the boys to go to respite. I think what you need is one of those ghost writer people, you know someone to do the writing for you ;-)  

Anonymous said...

You're quiet, hope the pc is sorted and the headache is banished. Rache

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you complained about the environment at playscheme-we don't complain enough in this country and people take that for granted. I don't agree when you say you are not the best at writing I think you are excellent, you keep me entertained anyhow! I do agree with you however about school hols...that's my favourite thing too not having to get up early! The bird flu thing wont put me off I'll just take precautions!...x

Anonymous said...

hi, thanx for visiting my journal. Have added you to my alerts, but will start reading it from the beginning, so apologies if I don't comment for a while.