Tuesday 18 April 2006

Hair and doctors

Well firstly i took G to get his hair done at midday...We got out of there at 2pm LOL...He's back to having white blonde highlights and his hair looks cool or wicked as they say now...Whats the betting MrsP hates it ROFL...Do me and G care??? Do we heck and actually the more trendy his hair is the better to cheese her off <ggg> The hairdresser was ever so funny as she was german...So between having to speak slow for her and G's mumbling i had to act as interpreter...She kept saying to him 'I will give you nice blonde in your hair yes, not yellow blonde' She also had him fill in a card to say what he gets done for next time...I hope she can read his writing ROFL

So after him being at hairdressers i had the doctors...Went along and receptionist said no record of you having an appointment...Well funny i said as it was made over the telephone by someone here when he was off sick 2 weeks ago...So she spoke to someone else who said they'd deal with me...After a couple of minutes this other receptionist said it was her who had made all the calls and yes i had an appointment but i had phoned to cancel it last week...Pardon says me i did not cancel my appointment...She was adament i had and tried to offer to fit me in next week...I said that's no good as i will have no medication left...I was offered a repeat prescription....Ok by now i was not happy at all and said as politely as i could thanks but no thanks...I have just started anti depressants and need a check up appointment to see if they are working...Now the next bit made me laff...She went and EMAILED him...His room is right NEXT to reception...Like DUH!!!! yer sending an email to the room next door erm how silly is that!!!!...Of course i kept my gob shut and didn't say that to them...Anyway he saw me 35 mins later at end of his surgery...He apologised to me and said they have four patients with my name and that one of the others must have phoned in to cancel an appointment and they'd cancelled mine instead...Phew i began to think i was well and truly going mad...So he asked how i was...Told him well am not entirely happy with these pills...I have put on almost a stone in weight and feel bloated and yeuch...He asked if they were making me sleep better at night...Hmmm nopes the lower doesage did but not the higher doseage...In fact for last couple of weeks they've had opposite effect and are giving me insomnia and sleepy during the day instead...So upshot is am OFF these ones and been given different ones...He said the weight gain would just keep on happening more and more...I'd be wasting my money for the gym and for weightwatchers if i stayed on those pills...So new ones, don't ask name as i dunno yet, i have to take in the morning with brekkie...Also just swallow like a normal pill, none of this melt on your tongue malarky <phew> I'll have to start them on thurs though and not tomorrow as i haven't managed to get the prescription picked up yet...I have to see my lovely GP again in 3 weeks time as with it being the school hols it was hard to tell if the pills were helping how they should or not...Schools back tomorrow YIPPEE!!!!! I may go back to bed and be a lazy cow after they left for school...Or i may go to the gym for a swim and jacuzzi...Or i may clean up the flat a bit...Will see tomorrow morning LOL

Toodle pip tc

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a palaver at the Dr's!  
Glad you got to see him eventually, and that he changed your tablets for you.  Lets hope these ones have the losing weight side effect ;o)  Hope they work for you m'dear.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Caff 4 other patients with your name ~ how scary is that ~ glad the Dr. saw you and has changed your pills ~ hope they are the ones with the side effect of losing weight ~  G's hairdo sound nice ~ bet he looks 'wicked'..lol ~ sounds like you had fun with the hairdresser ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

You should have asked for the Drs email addy ,lol I hope these ones (pills) work for you ,so now you have your name sake cancelling your appointments for you ,thats another lesson learned ,when you ring up you will have to check which one they think they are talking too Phwwww..G's hair sounds nice ...was he pleased with it ?.......Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Why is it that doctos and surgeries are such stressful places. Hope it all goes well
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

what a mess with the Drs appointment, I am glad the Dr sorted them and saw you, I hate stroppy receptionists. I hope the new tablets don't have the nasty side effects that the old ones had..............Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  I know from experience what happens when there are other people with the same name at the Doc`s surgery, there are 4 of me so they tell me.  I always make sure when I collect my repeat presc. that I tell them my address as I`ve often ended up with the wrong one.  So annoying. lol at the email, how daft is that?  I hope the new pill suit you much better than the last ones.  G`s hair sounds very trendy and I`m glad he thinks it`s wicked! :o)

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

What a nightmare at the doctors - Glad you got a new prescription!!  Hope u get on better with them!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got them changed, hope these are better xxx