Monday 4 December 2006

weepy mum

Ohhh am all weepy this morning...Not long back from a special assembly at M's school...The head teacher who had been seconded to the council for last 2 years isn't coming back as she has a new permanent position within the council...M was accompanying the music teacher on the drums and one of his classmates was on base guitar...First there was a song for whole audience to sing along to, then 4 of the highland dancers did a dance for us...Then they had someone read out a poem one of the nursery nurses had written about the teacher and it was hilarious :o) ...Then one of the classes did a song together...Presentation came next then it was M's turn...He was singing a solo of You Raise Me Up...Well i was all teary eyed and sat down so he couldn't see me as i didn't want to put him off...He got the biggest cheer and handclap :o) Had lots of people come up to me after praising him and saying i must be fed up hearing him practise it LOL...I only heard it for the FIRST time this morning...He hasn't practised it at home at all...Even one of the special guests who is owner of a local, expensive, posh jewellery shop thought he was wonderful...I've no idea if his voice has broken yet to be honest...Music teacher thinks it may have and he's been lucky and still been left with a decent register to his voice...Anyways my lad was brill and am so so so proud of him...He loves music and is pretty darn good at it but am having a time of it trying to tell him that no way is he ever gonna try out for X Factor LOL...Gonna go have a coffee now and tidy up...It's very very windy and a bit chilly today so am going no-where now

Toodle pip for now tc xx 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I can imagine how it affected you. I would have been weeping as well.  How lovely

Anonymous said...

aw that's lovely!

Anonymous said...

Awww, Caff I would have been teary eyed too :o)
Well done your M!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Caff I can hear the pride in your voice ~ can understand how you must have been feeling ~ it brought a tear to my eye ~ just to imagine M standing up and singing "You Raise me up" ~ you never know X Factor may be calling him ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

:))))) they're both brill......I'd be in tears of pride, I imagine u were. Rache

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud..  Kids can surprise you when you least expect it...

You mentioned the PRTC recently.. just thought i'd let you know they have a christmas game and a shopping portal now.  Can you let all your friends know to visit  www.scotchmedia.com/santa  ... play the game and log on .. then tell all their friends too.

Cheers

Rob

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff, I`ll bet you had a lump in your throat when you heard M sing You Raise Me Up, I know I would have.  You must be so very proud of him. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Awww i'm so good it went well for M :-)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I bet you were so proud of M ,no wonder you had a lump in your throat and shed a tear Iwould have too ,love Jan xx