Wednesday 27 December 2006

Stuffed

Just a quickie...Do hope that everyone enjoyed their christmas day...We did and everyone was very happy with their pressies :o) ...M has spent nearly all of the £80 he got, G has spent some of his and K hit the sales in Primark yesterday...Seriously if you ever want to go shopping and find some bargains then she's the one to take along with you...She was a wee bit naughty and gave me loads of parcels...Mostly sweets she'd bought and wrapped up seperately LOL...She did give me a gorgeous candle that will NEVER be lit...How the person who makes them managed to mould such thin wax i will never know...It's navy with purple and teal on it of a flower type arrangement and looks like an ornament...She also gave me a new dragon and he is gorgeous too...He's navy, purple, teal and silver and rather handsome and the pic is of him...She also got me a fab soft, very cuddly tigger :o) I got a dragon from M and the dragon calendar from G...They also got me sweets and bubble bath...We've all overeaten but it's only once a year and the diet can start after new years day LOL

Did anyone watch the programme last night on ITV called 'After Thomas'??? I did and i sat and i blubbed my way through the whole programme...It was a true story about a lad with autism and how he changed and started to interact and communicate after he got a dog when he was 6...At the end of the programme they had an update bit before the credits...He's now 17 and passed a whole pile of GCSE's and is doing child care at college...There was a lot in the programme reminded me of how my 2 were when they were little...Obviously we never got a dog as M is petrified of them but we've used other things to get them communicating well...I didn't find the programme sad at all just it took me back to so much i couldn't help bursting into tears all the time...Some were tears of joy though...I found it particularly moving and enlightening to people who have had no dealings with autism at all...Will do a proper entry another day

Toodle pip tc xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its funny I have mentioned that programe in my entry tonight ,wasnt it good?,so pleased you all had a good Christmas ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

OOoo I love Primark!! Went there for the first time when i was over in July..bargains galore!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I`m so pleased you had a lovely Christmas and that everyone liked their presents. I watched that programme too Caff and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really felt for the family and I didn`t realise just how time consuming caring for a child with autism could be. It was very enlightening as well as entertaining and I won`t forget it in a hurry.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I sooo wish I had seen that drama Caff... my Mum had told me that it was going to be on, and was going to let me know when, but must have forgotten.  I hope it's repeated at some point.  Glad you all had such a good Christmas :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't watch it. Never heard of it.

Happy New Year!

Gab

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the programme but I wish I had now ~ it sounds very good.  Glad you had a good xmas and it sounds like you had some great pressies :-)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

He is a handsome dragon, love the colours of teal and silver.  You've had a great Christmas from the sound of it. Rache

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff :o)

I watched it yep, was brilliant and sooooooo funny in some parts. Didn't you just know what was coming when he started swearing in church? lol

Glad Christmas went well and love to all xxxx