Friday 22 December 2006

Finally doing christmas stuff LOL

Well today was last day of school here before christmas and guess who slept in LOL...The buzzer went and it was G's taxi...Fortunately they waited for him to get dressed and rush out the door...In my panic of being woken by the buzzer going i have wrenched my left ankle...You know when you are woken suddenly and you're still not awake and partially numb...Well that was me and in my scramble to the door i kept falling over LOL...It will be fine though it's just a bit sore but no damage...I woke M up straight after G left as i didn't want same thing to happen...Had to iron a coloured shirt for him as he needed to wear one and wasn't allowed his black one on...He had the day off from mainstream class as his school were having fun and games today...In the afternoon the older pupils were having their own gameshow for the rest of the school...They called it Beat the Dealer and it was based on Deal or No Deal...M was being Noel Edmunds ROFL...He said it went really well :o) He's come home with a present from the Friends of his School...They get one every year and it's usually one of those deoderant/shower gel sets...I keep thinking are they trying to tell the parents something LOL...He also had a present from local BT sports & social club and cash for kids

            

Went out shopping at lunchtime...I was going to go out earlier but had to wait for my ankle to cooperate...Changed my mind yet again as to what my nieces are getting LOL...Going to give my mum all 3 of the copper butterflies as they were quite expensive at £15 each...Got a really pretty pewter fairy for my 2 youngest nieces and some bath bombs...Bought a fairy for my oldest niece too...I left them in the shop to pick up on way back home as the woman couldn't find the boxes...When i got back they still hadn't found the boxes but gift wrapped them in coloured tissue paper and put them in very pretty gift bags instead at no extra charge :o) ...Need a box of sweeties for their 2 cousins on their dads side to go with money as i am stuck what to get them...My ex mother in law likes dragons too and there's a small gift shop just round the corner here...They had this really cute and cool dragon calendar...It's one that can be used every year...With cubes for the numbers and bars for the months and a dragon on top...They had 2 pink and one blue and even though i know she likes blue i bought the pink one...I then dropped extremely heavy hint at G when he got home from school that i would like the blue one <ggg> ...He's just gone out shopping LOL...Got M's portable DVD player and got the car accessory kit half price with it :o) Poor G is still getting an IOU as what he wanted no-where has had in stock for weeks & weeks, not even online :o(  He knows though and is happy to wait and he will get something to open on mon morning...My youngest sisters lad she suggested a sports water bottle with his name on it...I got the last matthew and he can have money to go with it too...It's his birthday at beg of jan so have to think of something for that next.

Still have to go to asda and i still don't know what we're having for christmas dinner...Need to speak to K and see what she wants...G will have his gammon steak but K often has gammon so doubt she will want that...M wanted chicken but it has to be the chicken fillets baked in the oven...I actually bought a bit of silverside to roast from asda earlier this week...I know it's not very traditional but it's something we don't have often...Or me and K can have chicken breast stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon...Or a proper chicken LOL

I did get most of the living room finished wallpapering...There is just a very narrow strip beside the door and the corner alcove where the computer is left to do...Well except for the chimney breast but it was ebing done after the hols anyways...Knackering my ankle means this corner where am sat at just now can wait till then too...But the tree is up, the lights are on the window, the tinsel is all over the place and it looks much more christmassy here now...I had gem lights i bought vastly reduced in asda sale last jan or feb...Well there is only 25 lights on it BUT it must be about 4-5 metre long string ROFL...It's up and down and around the chimney breast LOL...I really didn't knowit was so long ...I only have clear lights on the tree and in the living room and on the windows...The coloured ones are on the stairwell just to brighten it up for christmas...Neighbours that used to live on next floor up used to put some up too...Maybe next year that can go clear as well as this string is long enuff to reach from landing right up to the door...It's been warmer here today a whole 7 degrees LOL...Just so glad we don't have the freezing fog that's affecting a lot of england and wales...Do feel so sorry for all the people stranded but no-one can control the weather :o( ...they've had busloads of passengers arriving here at the airport overnight who had connecting flights cancelled...At least they did manage to get to their destination...Anyways better go see to tea and get to asda once G gets back home

Toodle pip tc xx

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle. It is the simplest things we do that cause us bother.  The presents all sound lovely, especially the butterflies.  Hope you find the time to rest your ankle.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Ouch at your ankle.  Hope you work out what your gonna have to eat xmas day.  Have a good xmas xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your ankle,Oh I used to hate that waking up late then rushing about ,pleased you got more of your shopping done, so pleased the wall paper is almost hung ,have a great Christmas all of you love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope your ankle is feeling better!
Hate when I sleep in like that, and have to rush around... it's usually my toes that I bash on stuff when I'm rushing though ;o)
Glad the wallpapering is almost done, bet you'll be relieved when it's all finished!  Will we get to see a pic?
Sara   x