Saturday 16 December 2006

This 'n'That

                                                        

Posh pic of K above...It's the one that was taken last summer...She looks so old in it and am not used to seeing her with quite so much makeup...Still a very pretty girl IMO but i would say that as am her mum :o) ...Well i've at least posted most of my cards...Today was the last day for 2nd class post and it's either tues or wed that is last for 1st class...It is bitterly cold here today...We had a very heavy frost on the ground for first time this year...My older sis and niece were in town today so wanted to meet up to swap cards...Sis was having her hair done (hmmm 64 miles to hairdressers LOL) and niece had chiropodist...Eldest neice is diabetic so gets checked regularly and one of my cousins sons wife has a chiropody practice through here...Got a call when they were finished so i got ready and left the boys snoring to go meet them...The boys knew last nite i had to go to meet their auntie and cousin...I did leave a note on living room door and locked them in LOL.

Can't say too much here as madam reads this <ggg> So ner ner you ain't gonna find out what i bought you in town today hunny...You will like it though :o) Well your auntie joyce and rachel liked it :o)  Left sis and niece as they were going in opposite direction and on a tight time schedule as niece is working tonite...On one of the side streets off main street in city centre they have a farmers/craft market every month...It was on today and i bought 3 copper butterflies...One for big sis and one each for younger nieces...Just hope they like them...Also there was a stall outside the carers centre so i bought myself some very delicious rock cakes...I've eaten all 4 of them already LOL...Then i phoned G to see if anyone was awake and out of bed at home...He was but M only got up just before i got in the door...So i have done some christmas shopping now LOL...Might go back tomorrow see if stall is still there and buy another butterfly for mum...Then again i dunno if she'd like it, i'll think about it overnight

        

We've not had many christmas cards arrive yet...And i still need to get the boys some to hand out...I knew i meant to go somewhere else today...Oh well that's defo a job for tomorrow...I haven't made any turkish delight to send out this year as i've been too busy and to be honest too fed up to bother...It takes ages to make and i've not felt that great to be up to making it...Maybe after the holidays i'll make some and send it to peeps...So is anyone going to watch the X Factor final tonite???? As my favourite is out i don't know if i am that fussed to be honest...It's not like am going to pass on my vote to the acts that are left...I will be watching Extinct on ITV though...We've been watching that all week...It's horrible how so many of the beautiful animals we share this planet with are on verge of extinction due to mans destructivness...There are only around 350 bengal tigers left alive in the wild :o(  ...The leatherback turtle which has been on this planet since before the dinosaurs has been made almost extinct in the last 10-15 years...There is £500,000 to the animal that polls the most votes to help with conservation and more money to be shared out amongst the other 7 animals featured...A friend has a journal in which she is writing about her recent visit to the Congo and Gabon to see animals she works with that have been released back into the wild...Walking the wildside It's horrid to think that in our own and our children and grandchildrens lifetimes a lot of these fabulous animals will no longer be with us except in captivity :o( ...Even in the UK some animals have been on verge of no longer exisiting and only through a lot of hard work by some people are they now still here in large numbers, like the otter...We always hear about dangerous animals but the most dangerous animal on earth is MAN

Toodle pip tc

Thanks to Sara for the siggy tag :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry is Beautiful ,I'm saying that and I'm  not her Mum ! so its official !,pleased you got some shopping done,I have still got to wrap all mine dont like to do it till I have every thing ,I think I have now   phewww...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Caff, K is such a beautiful young woman and is so much like you.  I wish I`d watched `Extinct`.  A customer told me about it on Friday and it sounds like I`ve missed an excellent program. :o(

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

she looks just like a younger version of you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Caff K is a beautiful young lady ~ I love craft markets those copper butterflies sound lovely ~ I would think they will be pleased with them ~ Glad you enjoyed those rock cakes lol fancy eating four of them already ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

A great siggy :-)  I've not been watching extinct or xfactor but I see who won xfactor but don't know what happened on extinct.  Glad you've got some shopping done and the butterflies sound lovely.  That's a fab photo of K too.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Aww Caff, your K is definately a beautiful young woman :o)
I sent all my cards on Saturday too, wasn't sure when the last post for Christmas was, so I'm glad I was in time!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

K is a lovely looking young woman. . she looks like you! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas Caff.