Wednesday 6 December 2006

bathrooms

                    

Remember my flood back in june???? Well my bathroom still hasn't been fixed LOL...The builders have arranged to come round 3 times so far and never turned up...My loss adjustor has been on at them twice and i got a call 2 days ago to say they can come on the 19th dec...BUT if they can't finish it all that day then they won't be able to come back until after the 8th of january when they are back after christmas...Hmmm what do i do???? Will i tell them come on the 19th or tell them to wait until january...TO be honest if they can't finish it all in one day i'd rather have 2 days on the trot arranged in advance rather than have some half finished effort waiting for a few weeks...I mean i've been waiting all this time anyways so is another 4 weeks gonna bother me??? Plus i went looking at bathroom suites last nite in B&Q...Now i don't want it all matching...Does that sound daft, probably <ggg> Thing is with all those that i have seen, the bath is fine, the loo is fine and the sink is MINGING...As you know younger sis has just had a house built and what they did for their bathroom and shower room is bought seperates...Sis told me the bathroom place they used and told me to go have a look...She has an account with them and can around 30% discount...I just want as long a bath, that isn't massively wide, as possible and a plain cheap loo...I had seen a sink i liked in argos but they don't sell it anymore <sob> B&Q had plain white bath with taps at one end for £139 that was plastic...They also had another that was plain white with taps at one end but steel for £149...Dunno about anyone else but an extra tenner for steel that's gonna last longer to me is better option...Especially as am considering putting a shower in at the taps end...And taking into consideration 2 young men who are over 6 feet tall now LOL...So i could get new suite put in then have the builders come and do what they need to...I really doubt they can replace the roof, strip ALL the walls and redo them in ONE day...The walls are varnished wood as is the roof...Give me your thoughts please am going to phone them back tomorrow.

G finally got his flu jab today HURRAH!!!...Had to go out collect him, then drive back into town to surgery, then back out to the centre where he goes rock walling every 2nd wed...He was amazed that the whole 2 round trips added up to around 28-30 miles...Told him i'd just driven equivalent of half way to grannys LOL...It's a real nuisance when he has an appointment during school time...But it was the LAST available appointment for the LAST clinic they currently have enuff vaccine to adminster...Don't know about anyone else but i find it shocking that all over the UK there has not been enuff flu vaccine available...They've stockpiled heaps of the bird flu one and it's not nearly as important at this time to have available to peeps...Wed club soon and now they are at a local art & craft centre learning arty stuff...Last week i recognised one of the workers but haven't a clue what her name is...She was at art school same time as me but not someone i kept in touch with...Wonder if she recognised me ROFL...It was 20 years ago so i can be forgiven for not remembering her name can't i???  Think i'll go have some weetabix with sugar sprinkled over and then hot milk poured over before we go out...Hadn't had that for years until 3 weeks ago and taken a real craving for it again

Toodle pip tc xx

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would certainly wait until after Christmas. What is the point of a job half or less done and then having to wait and what if......you have to wait much longer for them to come back?  I would certainly wait and get it done all at the same time.  We are going to have the same problem when we do our bathroom early next year.  I do not want a cheap plastic bath and I also want a good basin.  So much hassle. Wish we could afford to just get a firm in to redesign the whole bathroom and do it for us but we would need to win the lottery lol

Anonymous said...

I think Id be inclined to wait until,they can do it all in the oner now ,Cant believe this happened in June ,where did that time go ?I would say you have been more than patient ,it doesnt take much to clock up the miles ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Caff I would definitely wait until after Christmas ~ but havn't they kept you waiting a long time ~ gosh was that really last June this happened ~ you have been most patient with those builders ~ I would go for the steel taps I mean for an tenner extra it will be worth it ~ especially as you are thinking of putting a shower unit on them ~ Glad G has had his flu jab ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

oh bpor you this has dragged on for so long you must be sick to death of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  I think I`d hang until January so they can finish the job in one go.  It`ll give you time to buy your new bathroom and you don`t need the hassle right before Christmas.

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Me, I'd wait till Jan, there's no telling what mess they'll leave you in.  As for the flu jab WELL DONE G.  It's a grr with me because they don't have enough in the surgeries, but you could buy it in the supermarket for £12.00 on given days, I'm wondering how can this be. But very pleased you managed to get G in there. Rache

Anonymous said...

I'd wait 'till January now Caff, though this is really dragging on now isn't it!
My J used to like Weetabix... he had to stand on the open pages of his Hulk book while eating it!  Thank goodness that phase didn't last too long ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a dilemma regarding the bathroom suite :(  I don't think you should agree to them coming on the 19th coz that's stupid if they aren't gonna finish the job.  Weetabix with hot milk huh??  Never had that before ~ I once poured hot water over them when it should've gone in my cup instead.  I think I was tired lol

Jen xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife