Friday 29 April 2005

Bit stressed

Well i left it as late as possible to get youngest up to go to hospital for the dentist...We had to be there for 9.15am so i got him up at 8.45am...We only live about 5 mins drive from it so we were there in plenty time...Luckily we also got one of the disabled parking bays directly below the building we had to go into :o) ...I really thought he was going to refuse point blank and not get the treatment done yet again...This time he got more of a pre med and they left him ages to get woozy...He still became wide awake alert when taken into the dental suite...Took one look at the machinery and started shouting NO...For shouting read screaming actually...As he had been wheeled through on a bed this time complete with padded sides up then it was easier to keep him held down...I so hate having to do that :o(  Makes me feel so bad having to hold him down and restrain him just to get some fillings and a tooth out...There was 2 nurses helping though and it wasn't his usual dentist...Might be a blessing in disguise that as he won't now see his dentist as being one of the evil people who tortured him...Anyway he got knocked out and i got told to come back in an hour...So i went had some brekkie in hospital cafe and sat outside reading a magazine as it is such a gorgeous and warm day here today :o) ...Coming round from the anaesthetic wasn't pleasant...Being autistic he can't cope with the disorientation...He was screaming and moaning so much they eventually decided to let him sit on a chair...Not long after they let me take him home even though technically he wasn't ready for it yet...They only let me do it as i was parked so close and lived so nearby...Plus i think they were a bit fed up of being called evil and torturers ROFL...I had to get his bro and sis down to help him get upstairs as was no parking near our flat...Took me 15 mins to get a parking space...When i eventually got in he was sound asleep in bed :o)

I hate trying to park where i live...My street is short and narrow...The main street it is off they took away tons of parking by chucking down double yellow lines for what reason no-one knows...I have tried to get a disabled parking space but i keep getting turned down...Get told can't have one as not in a wheelchair, have heart condition or amputee...It really annoys me as i know other families with autistic children who have been given one...My previous named social worker was going to harass them into giving me one but then he got a new job <sigh>...I've told them till am blue in the face that youngest maybe isn't any of the above, he may be a teenager BUT his road awareness skills are those of a toddler...I need to be able to park close to my flat because of his autism and they don't listen...Also i seem to be the only one around here that gets a parking ticket stuck on my car if am parked on double yellows with a blue badge...Ok i never have to pay the fine but i shouldn't be getting given a ticket in first place...I don't park on double yellows if it's a bus stop or right beside the junction...I park far enough from junction for another 2 cars to get behind me...Goodness only knows why the double yellows are so big in first place duh!!!...I have spoken to some of the parking wardens (maroon meanies) and queried it and been assured i shouldn't be getting one unless i am close to junction or on the bus stop on main street...I must keep getting the jobsworth LOL...

Well need to hang out more washing as it's a glorious sunny WARM day...The kind where a vest top and shorts could be worn although in my case shorts are a definite no no LOL...Toodle pip for now xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh go on shorts away..............and a photo......  ;-)

Anonymous said...

Much sympathy for the dentist, I've been through that for other reasons.........'wicked witch of the west' comes to mind lolol, you do feel awful but it is a cruel to be kind situation ((( ))). Enjoy the sun.~xxR