Wednesday 28 March 2007

Warm wednesday

The money went in yesterday...24 weeks worth...It's a lot of money but after spending a fair bit on the car and giving K some as she is very short of cash just now until her next student loan payment comes through it won't go far LOL...Was rather pleased with finding a bargain in argos...4gb MP3 player for £29.99...It's on promotion although not advertised anywhere as being on promotion...£40 off it...So bought 1 for me as mine is on way out, 1 for K as she needs a bigger one and i have 1 reserved for M so that when his current one dies a death i have a replacement all ready and waiting...He's pretty hard on MP3 players and uses it constantly...We'd be lost without his music as it does help to keep him calm most of the time...I also bought a digital camera in asda last night...They have a sale on nearly all their cameras just now :o) A Canon one and ok it is only 4mp but for snapshots 4mp is good enough...Has 4 x optical zoom although no digital zoom but digital zoom is crap anyways...It came with a memory card but it's a teensy one so i bought a bigger one...The camera was down to £56 which was not bad at all.

I've been spending most of the last few evenings on card making stuff...I need a heat gun and am going to go into town see where i can find cheapest one...Argos do one for £16 but i don't need the other stuff that comes with it...A friend has one she got for a fiver but can't remember where and am sure i have seen one in town somewhere for a fiver as well...I've been making up embossed bits to put on cards hence needing a heat gun...I use a candle just now which is not exactly the safest option LOL...Am deof going to make up samples and photograph them and get them onto some kind of website to see if i can flog any...I managed to find a tool tray with a lid today that i can file the bits i have been making up into...Can use different sections for different lettering/images...Also got different colours of embossing powders too...My living floor is covered in my card stuff LOL...I need a workshop LOL...No chance of getting one like so my living room will suffice...It's clean mess really...Better go and take the boys to their club...Want to watch the footie but am scared to in case i jinx the team...Really want to watch the apprentice but it clashes with grand designs and my video doesn't work...Oh well apprentice gets more exciting in the latter stages anyways...I loved the comic relief version...You just knew either Alastair Campbell or Piers Morgan were gonna get 'You're Fired' ROFL...My alerts have been up the swanney for last few days but they seem to have come back again...I'll have to play catch up on everyones journals please forgive me for not commenting recently.

Toodle pip tc

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got your money. That MP3 sounds a good offer Jason is still using cd players but wants and Ipod, so that may be a good compromise thanks for the heads up. Good luck to Scotland tonight but I think England need it more lol.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

So very pleased you finally got your money ,wow you earned every penny ,fighting every step of the way ,you are certainly finding the bargains ,I know from personnel experiance your cards are lovely ,and yes as you say ,our hobbys only make clean mess ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Caff I am so glad your money went into th bank ~ (not before time though) glad you are finding some nice bargains ~ I think we have all been having problems with alerts ~ I couldn't even get into my own journal when I did I just kept getting cut off ~ hopefully they are now back to normal ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

4 megapixels is fine it wil blow up in high res to A4 you only need more if you want poster size and more than 8 and you start to get noise I think.

Anonymous said...

Glad it's gone in, aboyt blummin time. Card making sounds like fun, I haven't got a creative bone in my body so not for me but maybe I can buy some off you and pretend lol

Anonymous said...

:) happy new camera, it sounds a gooden.  Pics of your cards would be very nice to see Caff. Rache

Anonymous said...

Glad the money's come through and it sounds like you got some bargins :-)  Hope you manage to get the website up and running xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Must be a relief to have the money in the bank at last, though it never stays there long does it ;o)  My friend Amy used to sell the cards that she made online, would love to see some of yours Caff, am sure you'll be finding yourself very busy once you're up and running :o)
Sara   x