Wednesday 14 March 2007

latest LOL

Well they took their time in phoning me LOL...I checked online mid morning on the royal mail website tracking bit and my post had been delivered...Blackpool phoned about 1.30 to tell me...Sods law i was indisposed at the time so a message had been left...Saying they had got the form and it had gone straight to decision maker and decision would be made within 3 days...I phoned LOL and the woman who had called was with the decision maker at the time...They have plenty info from his school :o) There is still a snag...The snag it was sent to Blackpool for in first place grrrrr...When to backdate it too...So going by that then he IS getting his DLA just depends from when...She said had i been late sending back the form which i said no...That Edinburgh had sent me a form to fill in all about it being *missing* before so it could be backdated to oct...As i said that form is now obviously missing along with the rest of his file...And i didn't want any more delays by having to fill in another, which she understood and agreed with...What she needs is the info on computer screen...ALL the past info ever on G...So she has started a complete electronic search which will take a day...Dunno if someone has to sit down an manually go through every single reference to G on computer records or if they have some proggy that auto does that...Or perhaps both...They need visible evidence of what rates he was on in the past and why he was awarded those rates...After i came off phone i thought i had a brainwave and wished i'd done it yesterday...I went and looked out his previous award letter...So phoned her up and said i had previous award letter in front of me...That last time he was awarded DLA from X date to Y date...I said what rates and why he had been given those rates...I was going to ask if i found somewhere to fax it down for me i would do that...She said thanks for that info as it would help but they still need the evidence at their end...But he is getting the DLA and that's the main thing...I am still going to persue my offical complaint...I have spoken to lots of people who have had similar problem with Blackpool...But one BIG difference...Their or their childrens files have always turned up...G's has NOT turned up at all...In honesty i do not blame edinburgh and i do not blame the specific room in blackpool...But somewhere between that courier bag and it being delivered to the actual room it has disappeared...That is NOT on at all...A WHOLE building search should have turned up this paper file...It's not like it is just one claim form...It's his WHOLE PAST paper history of last 14 years with DLA dept...So not exactly some teensy thin file that gone AWOL...I want that file FOUND...I don't care how LONG it takes i want it found...That is really important to me...If it isn't found then surely they should change G's National Insurance number and mine and get me to change my bank details...Cos that's the confidential info that is missing

Speaking of national insurance number...M's NI card arrived in post today...He opened letter and said what's this...I don't need a card with numbers on it LOL...So i explained he needs the number if he has a job to give to his boss...The card is sent out so you can remember it easier...He said oh that's ok then and took it off the letter and has put it in his pocket LOL

Toodle pip tc xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for a quick decision and the very best of luck with your complaint.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

you are quite right to pursue a proper complaint. It is crazy.

Anonymous said...

Caff after all they put you through you deserve a quick decision ~ glad you are still going to persue your official complaint ~ they do need to be taken to task over this ~ (I hope you have copies of all the relevant paperwork the have mislaid) ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

And so it goes on ,Yes I would still complain ,you have lost your identities,as you say it HAS to be found ,lol at M and his ins no ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm smiling at M and his national insurance card. Caff with all the run around and phone calls and grrrrs it's caused you, I would complain in the hope that everything is sorted quick smart. Rache

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff, I think you must complain, a lesser person may have given up long ago with all the fuss and red tape you`ve had to cut through. Perhaps it will make them be a bit more careful about `mislaying` peoples important information.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

I think they rely on people not complaining and making a fuss, you do right to follow it through

Anonymous said...

Well, thank goodness they're sorting this mess out for you at last Caff.  Just terrible that it happened in the first place.  Definately right to stick with your complaint, let us know how you get on with that.
Sara   x  

Anonymous said...

LOL @ M and his national insurance card ~ I lost mine :(  I can't believe his file is still missing.  I bet there's some conspiracy going on that once they have made the payment they'll write and tell you that his file has been found ~ you can just imagine it can't you??

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife