Tuesday 6 March 2007

This 'n' That

Can't remember what i was going to write the other day as i got busy and forgot to come back to doing entry again...That's my old age setting in <ggg> ...More than likely it was mainly drivel anyway :o) ...I've just been to pick up G from his other school...He went white all of a sudden and had a sore stomach...When i phoned the base they said one of the staff there has just had the same...Must be a bug as he was fine this morning and he was fine when he left for his class at other school...Do hope he's over it quick as it's his birthday on fri...It's my younger sisters today...Was my horrible sis in laws yesterday...2 of my nieces have birthdays this month and 1 nephew and oldest nephew his wifes is this month too...My mum hates march for birthdays LOL...G was at a birthday part on sat for one of his friends from the base and he has a 21st birthday party next week for one of the lads who used to be in the base...Must be something in the water in late may/june time LOL

K has moved and she is a lot happier where she is staying now :o) ...From what she's said they're a lovely couple who are mothering her LOL...She's still having problems medically but one day we will get there...M has got lead role in his school show :o) ...He's playing Captain Kirk and is chuffed to bits...He loves Star Trek mainly my bad influence there <ggg> ...That's later this month and they do 2 shows...One of his friends is playing Scotty and his name is Scott LOL

DLA well what can i say...G's case has turned all complicated :o( ...Just phoned Blackpool who wanted to fob me off at first....Asked the woman who must be receptionist to put me through to the dept which she did...Woman i got there asked if she could phone me back as she couldn't understand why Edinburgh would send his claim down to them...Told her i knew why and explained it all...Well their internal mailing/courier service must be as bad as the NHS one...His file was sent off last wed and as far as she can find they haven't got it yet grrrr...She's going to go and look thoroughly though...I did tell her i will be calling them nearly every day now until this is all sorted out...His claim has gone to Blackpool because it's supposed to be a renewal and not a new claim...So backdated to beg oct NOT dec...She can understand why i would phone them all the time as his claim has already gone AWOL once and it's now dragging along and i want to make sure it doesn't go AWOL again...I don't even know if it's been decided he will still get DLA, what rates etc...This is having a knock on effect in other areas and it's doing my head in...It's being marked as URGENT AGAIN...I personally want it dealt with and completed by end of this week ROFL...Yeah right not much chance of that...Did tell her it's always been straight foreward before and never had any problems in the 14 years i have been dealing with about both the boys...As far as am concerned they can now treat his claim as fast track which is only supposed to be for terminally ill...I pointed out that being backdated to oct and if kept on same rates then he's now due approx £1170 and counting...She agreed it needs sorted out ASAP...Wish us luck LOL

On a good note the bathroom is now finished :o) ...The flooring was laid yesterday and i phoned the loss adjustors and informed them so once they have all the receipts in the claim can get closed...My pilot light in boiler went out on fri night and had plumber out yesterday relighting it cos it's such a pain and i did try and gave up...As he said it's a shame that the leak from upstairs hadn't come down through the kitchen and onto the boiler LOL...Denise my dragons aren't scary they are beautiful :oP ...Debs if you look on the fav sites section on my sidebar click on Tudor Mint and they're who make most of the dragons i have :o) ...Now am saving this before i lose it...Better go to shop quick and get M's stuff before he gets home from school

Toodle pip tc

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good news about K
DLA - growl
Love the dragons
Love your journal

Anonymous said...

I was looking at some dragons in a shop window last week Maurice asked would I like one I said no ,I was looking for your ones and thinking off you ,I hope the DLA get out their finger ,how lovely K has a nice homely place to stay now ,would like to see pictures of Cpn Kirk ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR TAG I WANT ONE!!!!!!Thanks for the tip about your favs will go take a peek then start begging hubby for money lol, wish me luck. Can't believe DLA are still messing you about one day someone will teach these a!~*holes how to do their job!
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

Captain Kirk! brings back memories.  I had a crush on him and Chekov, then I moved to Spok.  He'll be great and I hope G feels better before Friday. Rache  

Anonymous said...

Well it is a busy month for birthdays huh??  I bet it gets expensive too.  Glad K's managed to find somewhere lovely to live :-)  I bet it's a relief to you to know they are looking after her.  Hope G feels better soon and well done M for getting the lead role :-)  Good luck with the DLA claim xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

They are so scary :), Glad K has got moved and is happier