Thursday 8 March 2007

RANT big time sorry

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...Can anyone tell my exactly WHAT is the point in having a customer service department if the customer/client is NOT allowed to talk to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Edinburgh DLA office are nice, pleasant, HELPFUL, COMPETENT, well mannered, actually give their name so you know who you're talking to...Blackpool are the total OPPOSITE...What a bunch of useless, INCOMPETENT, idiots...Who incidentally do NOT give their name so you have NO idea who you are talking to...G's DLA claim has gone MISSING again somewhere down in the Blackpool office...I am pissed off, angry, upset, tearing my hair out and i have been in tears today...Yesterday i phoned blackpool again after midday to chase it up and see if it had actually arrived yet...I got some total eejit on the helpline who a) told me a decision was made on the 23rd feb which is a complete LIE and b) insisted that i needed put through to Edinburgh and NOT the specific dept in Blackpool...I told him no Edinburgh sent his claim down to Blackpool and it is Blackpool dept i need to talk to...So he put me through to guess where...Yups you got it Edinburgh <sigh> ...I got lovely Andrew again in Edinburgh...Poor bloke he recognises my voice now LOL...He advised me to phone Blackpool again today after midday and to ask to speak to the relevant dept and also to speak to customer services...So 12.30 i phones them up and got some real dozy eejit on phone...Despite phonetically spelling out G's name and his NI number she insisted he wasn't on the system and couldn't be found!!!! I then said ok can i be put through to the customer service dept or the relevant dept there please...She said no as he wasn't on the system...I said he is now please put me through to customer services...So what did she do...She HUNG UP on me!!!!!...I saw red and promptly phoned edinburgh...Different fella but lovely and he said phone them back and demand to speak to customer services as this is beyond a joke now...So i phoned them back and the woman i spoke to said customer services don't take calls but she did make a note to pass on of my complaint of being hung up on but not the others...She then passed me through to the correct relevant dept...Now bear in mind that G's claim was marked as URGENT a month ago now...Well surprise surprise they can't find it...So woman said she would phone edinburgh after she got off phone to me and find out exactly where in blackpool office it was sent down to...And she'd call me back tomorrow...Well being the trustworthy person i am of them by now NOT i waited a couple of hours and phoned Edinburgh myself...So nice bloke took note of it all and said he'd talk to the others in their office see if anyone had phoned from blackpool and phone me back...Well after an hour waiting i have just phoned them again...He did ask around and no-one had called so he called them and someone there said they would phone me...Did the heck NO they did NOT...Edinburgh now have my mobile number as well as landline...The lovely woman i just spoke to was shocked that i wasn't allowed to talk to customer services...She is phoning blackpool and kicking their backsides as they have NOT looked hard enough to find this URGENT claim details...She is also going to talk to customer services in blackpool and kick their backsides and explain how unhappy i am and how unimpressed i am and how unimpressed they are too...She is going to demand that customer services in the blackpool office contact me directly tomorrow...And instead of having blackpool incompetent eejits phone me about his claim she is going to phone me instead...I am seriously considering writing to my MSP and MP...In fact i may just contact the CAB too and ask how i can make an extremely formal complaint about all the stress and hassle this is causing...And actually i think i may just bypass MSP and MP and email the head of DWP direct...The amount of lies and total fabrications that the blackpool helpline lot have given to me over the last 5 weeks is ludicrous...It's an utter farce and would be laughable if it wasn't so important and having a knock on effect on other things too...Fourteen years i have been dealing with DLA offices and i have never had any of this crap before...Am angry can you tell <ggg> Am more than angry i am so so unhappy i feel like jumping in my car and driving down to Blackpool and telling them face to face exactly what i think of their total and utter incompetence...At this rate i do pray that they give him a Life award and i do feel like asking for compensation for all my phonecalls...The reason i do keep phoning is because i am so afraid he is lost in their system again which he has been this week FFS

On a good note i got a letter from the House of Commons again this week...Remember i said my MP got back to me about the NAS campaign thing and he said he would write to me again after he heard back from the dept of skills & education...Well he did hear back and he's sent me a copy of the letter and he has signed the EDM :o) So that's good and am pleased...Think i will go have a cup of coffee and calm down

Toodle pip tc xx

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is diabolical,you have been treated extremelybadly ,I would certainly take this further,yes have a cuppa though you would be forgiven for taking something stronger ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say it but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has trouble with benefit agencies, make you want to punch someone doesn't it. Good luck with Blackpool for tomorrow. Thanks for the info on your tags.
Debbie xxx

Anonymous said...

makes you wonder really - and these are the eejits who make the decisions that affect our lives. Sad really.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff, And these are the people who are relied on to make decisions that are meant to help.  Where do they find these jobsworths?  I hope you here something useful and constructive soon, in the meantime I hope the cuppa does the trick.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Scream all you want Caff I've heard of the 'Blackpool black hole' where things disapear :) Rache

Anonymous said...

Yes Caff have a good scream ~ I shake my head in wonder ~ how can they lose G's claim again ~ and treat you as they have ~ Hope they contact you today before you pull out all your hair ~ I can understand you being in tears ~
Glad you heard from your MP ~  Ally x

Anonymous said...

Aww Caff, What a nightmare!!

Anonymous said...

What an absolute nightmare for you ~ I sure hope you will be able to get some kind of compensation and get this sorted.  Blackpool need their arses kicked big time!!

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Caff that's awful!
So frustrating when it's something important like this, and the people you're speaking to don't seem to care.  Can't believe they hung up on you, and wouldn't let you speak to customer services, what's that about?!!  I do hope that this gets sorted soon for you m'dear.
Sara   x