Saturday 11 November 2006

young carers

I have a new blog but don't worry am not leaving this one...I have gone and signed up and got a MySpace page thingy...Now i thought it would be easy peasy to do but no it ain't...Making the wesbites i have done recently was a heck of a lot easier ROFL...K is gonna get her other half (dunno if i can call him that yet) speak to me tomorrow about using yer own backgrounds etc on it...It's boring and dull just now which is so just NOT me PMSL...There's a blog space on it so i've started one...Whinging about being thick and too old for this malarky basically...Reason i went got it you may ask...Well i went and signed up so i could comment on a friends MySpace blog...Good enuff reason ain't it...Not like it's gonna be me proper blog

And now for another shameless bit of asking people to sign something...Don't know if anyone has noticed in any magazines or papers that they buy but Barnardos have a big campaign on just now about Young Carers...Even AOL had it on the Welcome Screen yesterday <shock> Personally i think the PRTC (princess royal trust for carers) as they have a heck of a lot more young carers groups BUT barnardos are running this campaign so am gonna support it...It is BAD enuff being an adult carer but IMO much worse being a young carer...These kids are LOSING their childhood...For the ones that are caring for a disabled parent the work they do would put most adults to shame...Not only are they losing their childhood but they are losing their education and many go unidentified because either them or their parents or both are scared to say anything in case the family gets torn apart :o(  So here's link to it...In the mags/papers you have to make a donation to sign the petition thing but online you can just sign...I would give a donation if i could but i can't so am just signing it

Help a young carer - give your permission today. Barnardo's works with young carers across the UK giving them a chance to hav...

That's the petition page but there are other pages on the site that are stories from young carers (some heartbreaking) and info about young carers

Toodle pip tc xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for this information Caff did you receive,the information I you ...love Jan xxsent

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, I will go and look. Glad you are keeping with this journal and not leaving for Blogspot because I just cannot take on any more journals, they are coming out my ears lol

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I think I have a MySpace thingy... what did I do with that... can't remember now, lol!!  

Will go sign that petition :o)

Sara   x

Anonymous said...

You can call him that if you want... he doesn't mind... he calls me his better half LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  I`ve read some sad stories about young carers.  It`s amazing the things they do for a parent or even both parents AND continue their schoolwork too. It`s a very worthy cause.

Sandra xxxx

http://journals.aol./com/labdancer51/SandrasScribbles/

Anonymous said...

It's very sad about child carers and how they loose out on their childhood ~ I shall pop over and sign the petition.  I have a myspace thingy too - but I hardly ever write on the blog thingy ~ just made it to keep in touch with my Queenie buddies LOL

Jen xx

Anonymous said...

There should be more help for young carers ...FULL STOP!!!