Saturday 4 June 2005

more moans LOL

Got a call from school GP yesterday in response to my call to school...she thought it had been that day but i said no was on thurs...Asked for a copy of her referal and she said no problem :o) ...She thought i had been sent a copy of the letter she got told her no my GP had sent a copy to me of the response he got back...Apparently a copy of the letter she got has been sent to GP!!!...Want to know where mine is after all am only the parent here <sigh> ...Usually these letters get copied to the professionals involved, medical records AND the parent...Turns out they wrote to her on 4th may and my GP only got a reply to his referal on 18th may!!!...Told school GP how pissed off i am...She said she had asked his teacher if there was any problems at school and got told not really!!!...Hmmmmm wonder why school keep phoning me saying X,Y,Z has happened and could you tell us how to deal with it...School GP had said in her referal that there had been incidents at respite...School GP is now going to talk to the new psychiatrist at the hospital who has a specific interest in special needs later next week...She did say that getting medication prescribed could be a no go as they only see that as a very last resort...I said so do i and i only want a psychiatrist to see him in case we do need to go down the last resort path DUH...She also asked me as i have 2 on the spectrum had i ever considered having genetics tested out...Now both boys went to same assessment centre and to the special needs nursery school they have there...They were both tested for fragile X etc as a matter of routine and everything came back as normal...I did say i have never been asked and that did surprise me BUT there would be no point...What is the point in testing the genetics from one side of the family only!!!...My ex lives in america and even if he did live in the UK he would refuse point blank...He does not like people 'messing with his head'...He did not like people 'messing with his childrens heads'...I also told school GP that none of my nieces and nephews on my side of the family have any special needs...I have 42 first cousins and none of them nor their children have any autistic spectrum disorders...However on their fathers side of the family they only have 2 cousins...One has dyslexia inherited from his dad, the other has it too but not been tested yet...BUT the older one has dyspraxia...The younger one his school keep saying he is unique and they have never come across a child like him before...Well i know i am not qualified to do a diagnosis BUT i have come across a child like him before...I LIVE with 2 of them...I know my ex's family will refuse to cooperate with any genetic testing <sigh> ...A friend i spoke to her son goes to an independant special needs school...He gets all different kinds of therapies there...She told me to ask own GP about having youngest refered there for the counselling therapy they do for behaviour...He doesn't have to attend that school you can access some of the therapies without having to be a pupil...Friend and me have same GP and she said to tell him who mentioned it...I do have an appointment for GP but it's 18th july!!!!...Will be phoning on mon for a cancellation...School GP is going to phone my one too...Hope i can get in see him before she talks to him...After all our GP has known both boys since they were born...He knows more about our family than school GP who only known him for a year n half...

Daughter is not well and hardly sleeping...Eldest lad been unwell since thurs evening and still has a temperature...I have to go out tonight so hope they both going to be okies...Tonight is the Brian McFadden concert that am taking youngest to see...Weather is dry at mo and fingers crossed is still dry later as we are going to have to queue to get decent seats...He hates queuing but he can listen to his music on MP3 player...Oh and music is beginning to work again on keeping him calm :o) ...Oh and that was something school used not me!!!!...Now that's a laff n half i've been using music as a tool for controlling his autism since he was diagnosed EIGHT years ago duh!!!...Anyways must go have a bath soon and get ready for the concert...Toodle pip xx

 

No comments: