Monday 13 June 2005

Monday

First apologies for letting out who won the grand prix yesterday...Next time i promise i will save it for laters after the highlights prog :o)...Now contrary to popular belief of readers of this drivel i do not have boundless amounts of energy...I do love swimming and always have done ever since i was chucked in the north sea when i was 3 LOL...Got chucked back in the following summer too when i had forgotton how to swim...Thinking about that these days you'd get done for child abuse if someone saw you throwing a child in the water...The reason i go to the gym is because i have an awful lot of weight to lose...I don't want to end up needing major plastic surgery once i have lost the weight, hence going to the gym...Wether it works or not remains to be seen...I don't have time to go into hospital to get a tummy tuck or even full body lift thing like sharon osbourne did...I have found a few benefits from using the gym...One thing i have found is i actually feel good now after going there...I can now sit cross legged something i haven't been able to do for a couple of years since my knee started locking up all the time...Pyshio said i had weak quads which was reason for the lock up...My *attacks* of pins n needles & numbness & dropping stuff thing aren't happening quite so often :o) ...The last benefit, if you could call it that, is some of the male totty or scenery as i call it <ggg> is rather nice LOL...Being single am allowed to look...So i go to the gym basically to punish myself for being so overweight but i will continue after i have reached my target...It knackers me totally just now but some of it is getting easier...I have to put back my review from the trainer due to being ill last week and i am taking it easy HONEST...I did ask if maybe i should up the weight level on one of the machines as it has gotten a bit easy to do...Actually this machine i find a bit strange to use being female...It's called the lateral pulldown...Now if i was completely flat chested or male it would be fine but am neither...You sit on the seat bit and there is a bar goes across your legs...Then you have to stand up briefly to grab these hand hold things then sit back on the seat...Then you pull down the bar with the straps on it bringing your elbows into your back...If you have boobs it pushes them out LOL...I just feel when i pull down and stick my boobs out i go up a couple of cup sizes and everyone around is staring LOLOL...

Guess as i mentioned it i better explain the pins n needles thing...It started quite a few years ago and i got an MRI done on my brain which came back normal...At that time i refused to have a lumbar puncture done and just left it alone...About 5 years ago after my ex had decided to drop custody issue and divorce was started i decided i really needed to be seen again...I had been to optician as my eyes go weird when it happens...Optician suggested seeing someone at hospital...So my delightful GP referred me to neurology again...Neurologist asked me what i thought it was LOL like i'd know after all he's the one with the training...Upshot was another MRI on my brain and a lumbar puncture...Both came back normal...What they had been testing for was MS...Neurologist said there was a very small chance it actually was but wouldn't show in tests as so mild so just to keep going to GP...Also because of the boys neuroloGIT decided it was just stress...Now my GP said if it was stress i would have been wheelchair bound many many years ago...So now we don't know...GP gives me painkillers to dampen the pain from the pins n needles...I don't drive if my hands are bad as no way could i grip the wheel or gearstick...He did do allergy tests on me, normal...He has had me seen by neuroloGIT on the day when my arm has been shaking so much i can do nothing at all...Neurologist answer STRESS...Oh also neuroloGIT said maybe get more tests done in a few more years time...I don't mind at all as i cope i know what i can and cannot do when it happens...GP has ruled out ME, stress, fibromyalgia, rare allergy and just about everything...It's worse when it's warm <weird> but i have painkillers which do work and i don't stress about it...Been living with it too many years now to get bothered about it...Going to the gym has made the attacks come less often and has lessened any that have happened :o) ...There is more to it than just numbness and pins n needles but sod that :o)...Anyways time to go get footie gear ready for the boys and me dressed in my lightest weight clothes for WW LOL...It will be a bad week as i haven't eaten much for the last week...Toodle pip xx

PS: The trainer whom i got was in gym working out today in shorts and his legs are defo worth being on show <gggg>

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

last time I went through that (and I did) it was diabetes.............
Don't apologise abuot F1.......... if folk don't watch it live they are not fans!!

Anonymous said...

Lol, don't worry about letting the result out :) Hope they do find out the root of your problems, I went back and forth for nearly 12 years with my symptoms before they found out why.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about having a lot of weight to lose, really I do!  When I tried last year - and ultimately failed, only lost a couple of stone then put it all back, am starting again now though - exercise really did help alot.  Good for you :o)  And I'm glad it helps with the other stuff too.  AND you get to see nice trainer legs, lol!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good session at WW.  Must be very aggrivaiting when you get the pins and needles, at least they're trying to find out what's causing it.~xxR

Anonymous said...

hope they sort your health problems real soon..........Jules xxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/