Tuesday 4 March 2008

Dilemma

Today i picked up a packet that had arrived yesterday whilst i was out at my physio...It is some of the stuff i ordered last week...Now the cerise roses are more like fuschia pink...On the colour listing they didn't have red listed although the pic was of red roses...So i thought the cerise must be a cerise red not the pinker end of the scale as they had pink listed...Think i will keep them though...A couple of the mini bags are broken but easily fixed so do i complain about them???? But the real dilemma is i ordered thistles and i have been sent heather...Now i found thistles today that i can buy in town...The heather is like £1.37 for the bunch and the thistles £0.94 for the bunch...Do i phone and moan and get thistles sent to me and have to send back the heather (probs costing more to post than the value) or do i just keep my gob shut and buy thistles in town???? My white lilies look more like cream but again thatdoesn't really matter...Hmmmm is it really worth moaning about a pack of fake thistles LOL...Is it also usual for a company to charge more for packing and freight than actual costs???? The postage was £2.54 and they charged me £4.95!!!!...All it was in was a jiffy bag with some bubble wrap that quite frankly had seen better days...The one and only craft shop we have here sells velvet ribbon HALLELUJAH...Not much in variety of colours and no ivory/cream at all but if i ask nice she might get some in...Am sure am not the only one who would buy it...So hopefully by the weekend i will have some of my fabulous childrens headbands to show you...All embellished and sewn by hand :o) They sold really well in the past, possibly because i charged ridiculously cheap prices LOLOL...No chance of that this time...Plus one of the embellishments i liked to add on to them you cannot buy anymore...I have trawled and trawled the net and i cannot find online...And i haven't seen them in any shops for several years...I just buy plastic headbands and then go from there...I finally found the width i wanted but i have bought both branches here out of white ones LOL...I did buy some black and fuschia  pink today...Covered with darker colours and then the colour won't shine through...I'll save the white ones for light coloured ones...Satin or velvet with the velvet costing more is what i plan...And my prices last time i actually made a loss on them LOL...But they started out as my donation for something to sell at fund raising coffee mornings so when i sold them for myself people expected them to cost as little as they did on a stall at coffee morning <sigh> There is a new craft fayre here on sunday but i am not going to phone for a stall as i don't have enough products yet...But i am going to ask G if i can sneak there for a nosey for an hour as it is his 18th on sunday

Speaking of which i need to book a table for meal on sunday afternoon for his birthday...I've invited my best friend and her 2 little ones and her prat of a partner can come if he wants...Also invited another friend as well...When G gets home am gonna ask him as there is nothing at the cinema he wants to see if he wants his two best friends to just come for meal as well...My older sis had to pick up my nephew off his helicopter yesterday so she came past and dropped off G's pressie from her and other sis and pressie from my mum...I also had a call from the florist yesterday and am getting my delivery charges back as compensation :o) Fair doo's really as i had the standard delivery charge plus the relay charge on top of that...Hence £9 for the delivery...I felt sorry for the guy yesterday as he said florists no longer wander round to back of someones house to see if they are in the garden because nosey neighbours phone police and report someone suspicious...Many don't even try to leave with a neighbour anymore as they have been subjected to aggressive neighbours...Flipping shame that society today has to force delivery people, florists and such like to take this kind of action :o( 

We've had slush, then snow, then bright sunshine, then snow and at the mo bright sunshine again here today...It is rather chilly like and i have switched on the heating...My gammy shoulder is going to leave me with a weather ache :o(  I hardly slept properly at all on sunday night and same again last night...Had physio yesterday and he is pleased...My neck has much better movement in  it now :o) I still have to be careful when i turn my head and remember to do it gently...Fast and it hurts...I still have to do those exercises and he's given me another...Big yellow rubber band i have LOL...One end i have to tie onto something that isn't going to move...The other end i hold in right hand and pull my arm out gently then gently move back in...And i see him again on easter monday...Good Friday is a Scottish bank holiday but Easter Monday isn't...Most places do take both but he said the NHS don't they have their own agenda on holidays...Yet my GP surgery is closed on Easter Monday LOL...Had my yukky monthly injection thing this morning...And i can literally feel my skin drying out rapidly as i type :o(  My mouth feels like i have been eating sawdust :o(  Oh well 4 down and only 2 left to go...Tomorrow i am at a conference about care provision in the city HAHAHAHA!!!!!...Then on thurs evening there is a meeting hastily organised for parents who have a child with disabilities about to leave school...So am going to sign off and phone up and get booked in to it as well...Not so much for G but for M as he leaves school in june as well...Actually i have phoned and don't need to go to it...It's for parents who have children about to leave school who have no provision once they leave...The waiting lists for adult provision at day centres etc have been closed and no-one else is allowed on the waiting lists...It's really for parents who have children with profound physical and mental disabilities who aren't able to go to college or work or anything.

Toodle pip tc xx

PS: K's necklace and earrings were greatly admired apparently :o) But she didn't get me any orders LOL...She needs to be more brazen so she does <g>

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it`s not worth sending them back Caff, like you say it costs so much in postage these days, annoying that it is.  I hope you manage to get the cream velvet ribbon that you want. I would have thought that as a base colour it would be easier to find.  I can`t wait to see the finished headbands, you are very clever. :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Cathy, perhaps you can email that supplier and tell her she sent the wrong item and that you want the difference refunded and, given she charged you postage for stuff you hadn't ordered, ask for a postage refund too.
Soz to hear your injuries are improving only slowly, it really must have been one hell of a fall. xx

Anonymous said...

So pleased your shoulder is showing some improvement ,Iwould love to see the finished hair bands ,they would be lovely for Brides maids ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would bother to send them back Caff ~ too much bother ~ but I do know I would have to complain ~ if only to let them know I was not satisfied ~ looking forward to seeing the finished product ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't bother sending them back either far too much hassle xx  Hope you manage to book somewhere for G's birthday

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

I'm terrible at complaining, always makes me feel really guilty, but I am trying to be more assertive. Hope you had a useful day yesterday