Thursday 3 March 2005

arrrrggghhhhhhhhh

Am i cheesed off or am i cheesed off.  Social work are such a pain in the rear end.  I've been trying since January 6th to get a social worker out to see me before 11th march and has anything been arranged!!!! Has it heck.  Phoned last week chasing them up AGAIN for umpteenth time got told X was backup worker for 11th march and they would get X to phone me on 3rd as that when they next in.  So gave them till lunchtime to phone me and phoned social work office i need to deal with.  Got told X was on another line but they'd get them to phone me back.  So being nice i gave them an hour to get off the phone.  Phoned got told X was out on visits now and wouldn't be back in <SCREAM>  Got put through to head of disabilities team instead.  Turns out X is not on backup on 11th they decided to swap with Y and not tell the boss!!!!!  So boss said he'd get Y to phone after 4pm this afternoon.  Guess what NO call <SCREAM LOUDER>  Going to phone again as soon as poss in the morning and demand satisfaction.  This is important it isn't just any old thing it's eldest son future needs review.  This is beginning of transition from childrens to adult services.  This is IMPORTANT.  Do not have named social worker as last one i had left last june and i've not been assigned a new one.  Hate dealing with backup and bossman as they're rubbish.  Do NOT want someone who doesn't even know wot eldest looks like deciding what is going to happen to him.  Funnily enough bossman agrees with my point he's just done nothing about it.  Am frustrated, angry and extremely cheesed off.  This review is already late and will have youngests in a few months too.  After having excellent service from social work in past i can now understand others who haven't frustrations.  Joy of joys read on sun only 6% of adults with ASD in scotland are in full time employment.  Had high hopes for future not so sure now :o(  Relaxed and made some birthday and mothers day cards earlier.  Surprised they turned out well mood am in LOL.  Youngest is now terribly clever in my eyes and am thick according to him and daughter LOL.  For red nose day he <bless> has organised a who wants to be a millionaire type quiz.  He's written the questions, put them onto powerpoint!!!!! (this is where am thick) and roped friends into helping him.  I have absolutely no idea how to use powerpoint LOL.  Got told am stupid.  You write it up on the prog and turn into slides that you then project onto screen.  Muttered and went off in huff saying computers didn't exist when i was there age ROFL (ohhh am so old) Needless to say am terribly impressed that my 13 year old has managed to achieve this.  Will now go off to get some kip dreaming up ways of strangling social work <gg>  Toodle pip for now :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah  yes the joys..............
Hope it works out -SOON
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sdrogerson/SpecimenDays/

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with 13 year olds achievement too........I can't do that.  I think you needed those screams, sounds so frustrating. xxR

Anonymous said...

I could be that bossman (but am not if you are in Scotland!). I will try harder tomorrow when parents ring me and need a worker urgently! Keep pushing them: I always advise people to ring me back and hassle me if I dont do what I say I will....this motivates me to do things before I get another call. Good luck!