Thursday 16 August 2007

Not a lot really

Well AOL is either going capput on my computer or it's on a mega go slow in general and has been since tues...Am hoping it's the latter but knowing my luck it is the former...Anyways i got a letter on sat from my GP...The nurse was right and he was wrong and my results had come back quick...And they're normal, shock NOT, so he's refered me to gynae...How long that will take goodness knows...They're usually fairly quick in getting back to you with an appointment...Just the appointment is weeks or months away LOL...Oh and a big thank you to everyone who left a comment congratulating G :o) Do hope that any of you who had kids or grandkids or friends waiting for results in England today got the results they were after...I dunno if as a parent i could cope with the way it mainly works south of the border...In Scotland as you do highers a year earlier than A levels are done then if you've done well you often get an unconditional acceptance for uni or college...Having to wait and see what you got before you can get your place confirmed must be absolute hell...K had unconditional places but if G gets a conditional then next summer i will be unbearable to live with because of the tension.

Yesterday we went north to visit mum and my sisters...I feel real bad as it's end of the hols and we only just got up there...I'd have prefered to do more than one visit...Younger sis got a car yesterday...It's not a replacement for the one she had the accident in as they were going to get her a small runabout for going to college with...She's doing an alternative medicines course over the next college year...I really should have had her doing some reiki on me yesterday...She has done some at local evening classes and the college course is to get the qualifications...So they got a runabout and are still hunting for a replacement for the main car...I thought i may have found one but my brother in law is being all girlie and only wanting a particular colour...Poor mum didn't know we were visiting yesterday until i phoned her in the morning...I'd been trying to get a hold of sis for a few days to see which one was best for her...Midnight on tues she texted saying wed LOL...We had a pleasant day though :o) My newphew went to show me his quad bike but it wouldn't start for him to have a run about in the garden showing off...They live on a private road so he can go up and down it...Their garden is still as it was when the house was being built so he can go around on it...Him and the lads next door have made a track around the burn they live beside as well...Looks like great fun and i would have liked a go LOL...Now i need to go shopping for new jeans for G for school as his are all ripped to bits...Possibly new black trousers for M for school...I may be able to fix the ones he had that the fastening broke on though...He does need new white polo shirts...I will be buying cheap ones and not school logo ones...As they wear a sweatshirt i see no point in paying a fortune for ones with a logo...Not like you're going to see the logo and to be honest they're not that great quality...He has a new school fleece though...That is for his SEN school and was a new item of uniform they introduced just before the hols...I won't take the boys with me as school is a swear word just now <g> Besides i know the size needed....For G they have no uniform and basically he just needs a couple of new tops and some jeans or casual trousers...And i apparently am still allowed to buy him clothing as i buy cool clothes LOL...I just worry that i am inflicting a specific style on him....I tend to buy him kind of indy, rocky kind of stuff...T shirts and tops can be a bit of a pain at times as neither he nor me want them all plain and a lot with patterns or stuff on them are not really suitable...Like he won't wear one with a saying about beer or girls on it LOL...He says he can't as he's not 18 yet LOL

Once school is back am thinking of going up to business gateway to have a natter with the people there...I've been looking at but got terribly confused with domain names and how to go about that...I had loads of those small sticky labels with name, addy, phone number on them that a friend got me for my birthday one year...Many moons ago when i did craft fairs so i could put them on my goods...And i have very few left...But i don't want to get more yet as i a) want a name for the business b) get a new pay as u go sim for old moby so i have a mobile number on them and c) would like a website and email addy on them...Be same for business cards as well...My youngest sis eldest daughter is really good at writing verses...She made a fab card for her sister's birthday with a verse she made up herself...I half joked at her that she could write some verses for me and i would pay her for them...I askedher and my sis and my mum how much they would be willing to pay for the card i made for my niece...It was a more simple design with no wire embellishments...And they were all useless at giving me a rough price...Sis said to check out prices in shops and such like...I said i have and am still unsure...Am scared to put on too high a price but at same time i don't want to make them too low...Stuart wasn't much use about a price for card i did for him for J either...But he's male so he can be excused <g>  ...Waits for slap off stuart now <ggg> The glass painting will be easier...I've sold it in the past, been told off for low prices and bunged them up LOADS and got the vastly increased price...Now if i could find an outlet to sell some that would be great...But i couldn't charge as much as i would selling myself as the outlet have to make their money on them too...Am a wee bit miffed with Asda like...You know the filing cases you get...Well i have a couple of the plain usual sized ones that i use to store the different papers i have in...But they had small A5 size ones in groovy colours...I bought a bright pink one back in june...They don't have any now and i want at least 2 more...They are ideal for putting the cards in to show to people...Must go to another asda to see if they have any left at all...It could just be that the asda i normally go to doesn't stock them now...Anyways better go and see about what the boys want for tea...Probs not a lot as G is still recovering from meal out on sunday LOL...We went to one of those family friendly built to look old restaurants/pubs...One we hadn't been to before and we will be going back...Meals came on a 17 inch platter LOL...G had fish and chips and his haddock was the length of the platter and about 4 inches wide at the widest point LOL...Think him and me could have shared it and still been full up for days LOL...And it was cheap to eat in as well

Toodle pip tc xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great entry.... Stuart showed us the card you made, it was lovely ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Caff those home made cards vary in price here anywhere from £3 upwards depending how big they are ~ believe you me the £3 ones are tiny ~ I loved the one you made for Stuart ~ that really was very artistic ~
My computer has been running so slow if it went any slower it would stop ~ sometimes cant get into journals and other times can't comment on them ~
Hope you get to see that Gynaecologist sooner rather than later ~
Ally x

Anonymous said...

sorry I was no use but I would have paid a fiver for it at least and thought it was bargain.........does that help?

if it helps AOL has been like treacle for me as well


Anonymous said...

The business link folks or whatever they are called up there will be good for putting you on the right tracks, I'd help you out but I am really hopeless at explaining stuff like that over instant message or even a phone, but I think cubecart do some really easy to set up (free) software once you have a domain. Glad you got to have a nice family day ;)