Wednesday 23 May 2007

Shopping UGH

Doh i was half way through an entry when M buzzed to get in and i accidentally hit the reboot button on way to the door LOL...Oh well start again...Sara it's your fault i have gone and spent some dosh today...Am crap at games both on PC and on any of the games consoles but i did like and was good at playing civilization...So in GAME i found boxed set of all 4 of them for £19.99 and bought it LOL...As yous know i hate shopping but it's worse with a 17 year old boy in tow LOL...But it was G we were shopping for...I know they say every year to only take old clothes on their trip away...Fine if you have old clothes to take and he does have old tops he can use but not bottoms...He only wears jeans and they can't wear jeans for the activities...So down to primark for a big shopping spree...2 massive bags full of stuff for £50...Got 2 sets of el cheapo tracky bottoms, packs of thick socks and thin ones for non activity wear, new trainers so he has old ones for wet use and el cheapo underwear...I don't want him taking his usual undies cos they cost a fortune...Mens underpants are so damn expensive, even more so than our knickers, dunno why not like they're anything special LOL...I did buy a couple of ribbed tops for me and loads of daft socks as they were reduced to 50p for a pack of 2...Denise i got a set of socks for you so you need to send yer addy again cos they have a moo cow on them <ggg> I also got me a big bag...Huge massive worn leather look one that is over the shoulder so can use for shopping and not have lots of carrier bags...Can also use to carry folders with cards and such like if need to show to anyone...They had a purple bag i liked to but i put it back...Oh G also decided he wanted new swimming trunks even though i bought new ones at easter

Whoops just pressed save instead of on MSN message from K ROFL...Not having a good day am i <ggg> Yesterday i did find masking fluid so look out for cards that are 'different' soonish...Dragged G to poundland as well to buy more plastic boxes for M for his cooking and G for packed lunch box for trip...On way there i said look i wanted to buy ALL your summer clothes in primark as i hate shopping so much...As in 3/4 trousers and shorts as well...In superdrug i got suntan lotion, after sun, midge repellant and stuff to put on if bit...Also got mini toothpaste, new toothbrush, mini lynx deoderant (he does like lynx) and mini lynx shower gel...Told him there will be just enuff in the mini ones to do the weekend and to just chuck away at end and not take home...A couple of close ups of detail on some of the cards...I need to go chat with K as she's not feeling too good...Sore throat etc and NHS24 wouldn't see her and she can't get an appointment with her GP <sigh>

Toodle pip tc xx

Close up of beads on one of them...The large one in the middle is bohemian glass, the small bicone is clear swarovski crystal 4mm big...So although they look huge on here you can see how small they actually are...This is only an inch long in total

Here you can see the teensy seed beads on the pink heart...So teensy you can barely see them with naked eye as such...I covered the heart shape with them myself

Close up of the blue glitter heart with silver wire and 4mm swarovski crystal bicone

Close up of happy birthday motif...I embossed it using embossing powder...You stamp on the words/pictures then sprinkle the powder on top...Then you heat the powder and it melts leaving a raised image...I cut the card for the motif to size and then embossed

Close up of swarovski crystal on the wire heart, with the feathers and flower...The silver bits at ends of crystals or beads is the crimps...You put the crimp on then using pliers flatten it so it keeps bead in place

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get bored with games after a while on the PC.
Love the close ups of the cards especially the embossing

Anonymous said...

He he, you got Civilization too :o)
Now you can help me with mine!
I am not so good at Civilization.
I'm playing an epic game at the moment.
Started it yesterday.
I think I'm going to win, for the first time ever!!!
Keep your fingers crossed.
Lovely cardy bits :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff, I don`t know what I`d do without Primark, their stuff is excellent value and if it doesn`t last it doesn`t really matter too much. I love their tracksuit bottoms and I always go there before trying anywhere else. I even bought a great pair of jeans for £6 the other week. Poor K, I hope sh`s feeling much better soon.

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

For someone who dislikes shopping you had quite a spree,poor K I hope she soon feels better ,how are your ears now much better I hope ,your cards are really different ,thet are lovely ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ooo, my address is on the way, I have some moo socks I got from tescos, sorry K is not too well :(

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the designs on your cards ~ I think it's amazing how you come up with so many different ideas :-)  Hope you'll get the website for them up and running soon.  Will you be doing mail order?  Just wondered ;-)  Sounds like a bargin the 4 computer games for £19.99

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/