Friday 4 May 2007

DOND and politics

M is sat here gripped to Deal or No Deal...The man who is on today is friends with one of the workers at M's school...Am on tenterhooks...£250,000 or £5,000 on the board...Offer is £101,000...What will he take it or will he not...M has his mouth covered...He's dealt...Lot of money and just as well he did because the £5,000 was in his box.

Well what a shambles our elections were yesterday...Computer software not working right so screwing up counts...Loads of rejected papers...In some areas more rejected papers than the majority won by the person voted in...Now they're not saying that it was having 2 votes on one day for 2 different things that was the problem...But our council elections were a different system to the parliamentary ones...I can see a lot of people would have got confused...Parliamentary one was the traditional cross...One for the first past the post candidate and another for the party on the List...Then council elections were numerical...They were saying that the helicopter grounded due to fog at Barra was a shambles too but come on we can't control the weather YET LOL...Votes in the islands are always subject to the weather...Also a boat broke down in the Clyde that was carrying abllot boxes to be counted...Those 2 events IMO can't be helped but the rest is just shambolic...Some bloke has been arrested because he went into a counting station in edinburgh wielding a golf club and started smashing up some ballot boxes then ripping the ballot papers apart...Scary stuff for those involved...There was a recount in my area because the vote was so close...But the guy who was the sitting MSP got back in on a very narrow majority...Anyways enuff politics cos am not entirely happy with them at mo...I was always under the impression that in order to be an MSP you weren't allowed to be an MP...But as Alex Salmond is both now and isn't going to resign from westminster until the next general election then am confused...I don't think he is doing either of his constituencies any good...He's in different constituencies for each of the parliaments so how heck can he do the best for the people he is representing when he has to divide his time between two DIFFERENT areas.

My car has died again <sob> The exhaust is gone again...Whole car is rattling like crazy, smoke is billowing out from under the car...So garage on tues for it...It looks to me, who knows not a lot, as if it is coming from the middle section...Now the middle section was replaced just in feb...Am in love with poundland LOL...Popped in there yesterday and they had packs of paper with fancy scissors and 2 punches...I only wanted the punches...They're teensy ones but would still cost around £2-2.50 per punch...So i got ten for a fiver and gave the paper and scissors to my best mates 2 wee ones...Got more stamps in there last week too...Some of their craft stuff is crap but they do get some decent stuff in...And am pleased as punch with the punches LOL...I know i still haven't posted any pics yet...What i've been doing just now is scribbling down design ideas in a book...Then making up the design in the book...So once am happy with them i will make sample cards and photo them and post them...I bought small wire cutters from poundland as i can't find my jewellery ones but they're crap...They don't cut well but suppose what you expect for a quid...I did buy new jewellery pliers from John Lewis which were dear but worth it...Not for jewellery which i did use to make but cards...Then again i guess i could still do some jewellery as well...I still have loads of beads and semi precious stones etc...I'll get there HONEST...I do wanna really try and make this work...Am either going to have to drive about 20+ miles to another craft shop or order online the glass paints i want...The craft shop here doesn't sell the make i like :o( ...It's been taken over and a lot of stock has been got rid of.

I got my cheque from powergen on tues :o) Am still waiting for the DLA compensation to go into my account LOL...Need a 3rd now to make the trio LOL...Maybe thats the exhaust and not so much compensation but free replacement ROFL...Anyways gonna go now as i've been typing this for ages whilst nattering to Wobbly on MSN...Oh if you watch the apprentice then one of the candidates from series 1 has a blog on AOL about this series...The Apprentice 2007

Toodle pip tc

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched with baited breath the deal or no deal prog ,today ,apparently he is getting married soon ,how lovely he won all that money ,and he had the courage to go on,and knew when to stop ,whew ...love Jan xx,

Anonymous said...

Good old ALEX!! ;0)

Anonymous said...

I willed that man to deal and he did ~ and what a good job he did otherwise he would only have had £5thousand pounds ~ your elections were a shambles do you think they will do it again ???? I don't think so many votes should be ignored they may have changed the course of the election ~ I just went and put my cross in the old fashioned way seemed much simpler than your elections ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Ooo I didn't see that DOND, but glad he dealt. Don't blame me lol

Anonymous said...

Deal or no deal... Gary was addicted to that, had to watch every day, probably why I never watch it now :o)
Glad he dealt though!
Lol at you being pleased as punch with the punches :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I am watching the apprentice ~ it's the first one I've watched and I think I'm hooked I shall go and check that blog out.  Can't wait to see what designs you have come up with for your cards.  Good luck with the exhaust pipe.

Jenny xx