Wednesday 16 May 2007

3 cards designs but pics are pants LOL

Well i've changed the pics on my entry with the pics of my dragons...Mainly because the new slideshow method doesn't suit them...I didn't change the pics of Cullen though as i think the slideshow really suits them...You really feel as if you are actually there in the village looking at the views...The pics i took in the garden on mon i zoomed in for some and used the macro facility for others...The leaves were on macro and i just love the colours on them...No idea what the plant is like but it's pretty LOL...They're not bad for a cheapy digital camera at all...I would love to have the money to buy a proper camera again though...By proper camera i mean an SLR one...Of course now it would be a digital one...No messing around with changing from B&W film to colour...Just change it at flick of a switch...Sadly the pics of cards so far are a bit crap to say the least...I need to play more with lighting them so i can get the pics right...And of course i have finally installed the software for the camera LOLOL...I still need to instal the drivers/software for the new printer though.

I have a problem with my craft stuff...Am totally rubbish at pricing items...When i did my first craft fair i got told off by my sisters and mother for my prices...So i did up the price even though i was wary of doing so...Well i got the prices i charged after changes no problem...Then when i started the glass painting and tried pricing those items i got a bigger telling off...So again much against my judgement i upped them, got told off again so upped them again...Items i was going to charge £3 -£5 for i got £15, £20 and more for...Now i have another problem with cards...I make one then decide ok i like it and then do another and another but different designs each time...See i make something, like it but then want to do something new...So i have pondered about doing ones that will be a kind of standard design...Ones that i will do umpteen of....Then do others that are one off's and ones that could be a limited edition...Obviously they would have different prices depending on what type they are...Am also trying to source mini sized heart, oblong, circle and square cushion pads...They are for idea i have to do with weddings that i did for my younger sister when she got married...I basically made the cushion myself that time but it would be much easier if i could buy ready made ones...I scoured the net most of yesterday and still didn't find any below 10" in size :o(  ...Am going to ask upholsterer round corner tomorrow if he knows anywhere...Am not happy with john lewis either...They now only sell rolls of ribbon instead of say buying 20cm of it....They do still sell that way for the fancy stuff but not ordinary satin or velvet ribbon...When you're only looking to try and do a sample then you don't want a whole reel of the stuff.

The boys are off watching spiderman 3 with their club...So that's 3 times in last week that G has been to see it LOL...His Higher maths exam went fine yesterday...K had heard of a lot saying they had problems with the 2nd paper but G didn't...Well am presuming he didn't as i got the 'look' when i asked how it went...You know that 'are you stupid' look PMSL...I did insist in him telling me something about it and he said he was fine...He reckons it went as well as his prelim/mock exam...So that will be an A for his maths :o)  In Scotland we don't have the A* malarky...An A is the best pass you get end of story...So much simpler IMO...Oh our local council is a coalition...Instead of NOC again we have SNP and Lib Dems in coalition...Am presuming the Lord Provost is going to be one of the Lib Dems because as part of the agreement it is an SNP one that is deputy provost...An 18 year old lad who is a first time councillor...His sister who is only 22 is up for being in charge of education...I think it's brilliant that some young people are getting these positions...Just because you're young doesn't mean that you don't know anything...I also think it is a lot better for education position that it is someone young...I just hope that she is good for the special needs provision within the city...Anyways better go see about picking the boys up...A couple of pics of card ideas but i warn you the pics are CRAP...I actually have over 20 designs made up and several that i have scribbled in my drawing pad that i've not made up yet

 

Handmade paper (not by me LOL) with flower...Embossed happy birthday in gold with gold diamante

Close up of the paper flower

Handmade paper, white flower with pearl, embossed happy birthday in silver with purple diamante on purple pearlescent card

Gitter butterfly image, embossed white glitter happy birthday, purple corrugated butterfly and lilac feather...butterfly feelers drawn on ink with purple diamante on top butterfly

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you price stuff up think of your outlay and how many hours the work took that's what I did when I did glass engraving (by hand no machines) I got £60 for 2 champagne glasses back in the 1980's. The cards look nice.
Debbie
xxx

Anonymous said...

think of material cost + labour then at least double the price?

Anonymous said...

The cards are lovely, remember you have to take into account how long they take to make too :)

Anonymous said...

Caff, I really like your cards m'dear.
All of them, but the first two are beautiful, I'd buy them :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Arent you clever ,but then I knew you were I received a lovely Christmas card from you this year ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The cards are fab :-)  You certainly have a talent there xx Glad G's exams went ok and your right that A* thing is stupid!!

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

Caff your cards are lovely ~ what a talent you have to be able to make them ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so pretty .......Jean