Wednesday 5 July 2006

Hot Hot Hot

               

It was mega mega hot today...Ok technically it was mega hot yesterday and i have been good an put thurs at the top there LOL...M was at athletics in the morning and i wish i'd put out his shorts instead of tracky bottoms for him to wear...They got given their goodie bag in this first session :o) ...So he has a new backpack, baseball cap, sweatbands and t shirt...All blue and yellow and matching LOL...We left K and G still asleep in bed when we left...I went to the bank after dropping him off and then got a call from best pal...She'd been at the docs after another gall bladder attack yesterday evening...She's not got stronger painkillers and still no date for her op :o( ...Last nite i went round for a while and she was in agony and waiting on a call back from NHS24 (useless eejits)...Her partner was doing sod all with their kids and she ended up having to get out of bed and downstairs to look after them :o( ...Sooner that useless waste of space leaves the better IMO

Anyways i was heading to sainsburys and so was she so met her there...Whilst she was picking up her prescription i asked them a question...Now there is nothing in the blurb bit in packet of my anti depressants of a side effect i though i was having...There was in the brand they sell...Pharmacist told me i need to phone my GP soon's i got home or go to hospital EEEEKS...I've been fine on these ones and they've been great until 2-3 weeks ago...I started bloating up again :o( ...But it's got worse and worse and worse...One reason i bought the skirt (yuk) is because my legs are so swollen it's unreal...I bought new undies (too much info soz) just 3 weeks ago and well bra is too small and knickers are tight <sob>...Sandals i bought last week won't go on my feet now and am wearing my flipflops...But that wasn't the really worrying thing...I have been gradually getting breathless...Actually i go to bed and waken up more swollen and more breathless each day...Was so bad since mon that even just walking from in here to the bathroom i was out of breath and gasping...Bathroom is right next door LOL...Turns out i am having a very rare, severe allergic reaction to the pills :o( ...So i ended up on a nebuliser for 5-10 mins this afternoon at the docs...I have steroids to take for 4 days and an inhaler to take for a week at least...2 puffs 4 times a day <sigh> ...My chest is clear and not sore or tight at all, am just breathless...She didn't give me anything for the severe odema so tomorrow am gonna buy something at the pharmacy...My pal took me to the docs and we picked up my prescription from sainsburys chemist...I asked to speak to her and said thank you :o) ...Turns out her assistant had the same thing...One of my friends is on same pills and it's listed in the blurb in her packet...Not impressed that it isn't listed in the blurb in mine and not impressed that it wasn't in the blurb on any website i could find or in the BNF...Better go take a couple of puffs on the inhaler and go try and get some sleep in this heat.

Toodle pip tc

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Caff, allergic reactions are not nice. Hope your friend gets her gall bladder sorted soon........Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Cath that sounds aweful ,thankgoodness you asked the chemist ,and on this occasion got prompt treatment .....Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Caff, that sounds awful, I had a severe allergic reaction to tablets I took in the past, it's horrible isn't it, really drains you.  Hope you feel much better soon m'dear.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Caff I hope your pal soon gets her operation done ~ glad you asked that question about your meds. am surprised your Doctor didn't give you anything for the odema ~ but am sure your pharmacist will be able to recommend something ~ just hope you will be feeling a lot better soon ~ Ally