Monday 30 June 2008

A wee greet as we say up here

Every year Mikeys school has an awards ceremony at the end of the summer term...All the pupils get something as they make certificates for them all...This isn't so that no-one loses it's just so the pupils know how well they have done and get recognition for it...Being a special needs school they don't sit regular exams...When you see how disabled some of the pupils are and how much they have to overcome it is a very moving experience going to the awards ceremony...This year was even more poignant for me as Mikey is of course leaving...I deliberately put on some make up so i wouldn't cry (have a greet)...HAHAHAHA i was still dabbing my eyes very carefully to not streak my eyeshadow down my face...The school leavers all get a special book called 'record of achievement' and they work upon it themselves...They can take in certificates and other recognition awards from years past to put in it...Well Mikey has had a big surprise as unbeknown to him his report from the college was in it...You know in last entry i implied i didn't exactly endear myself with the head of the SEN dept at college last wed...Actually that's a bit of an understatement <g>  Well i told his school today and the deputy head just grinned at me, his class teacher gave a huge sigh and said 'oh no' when i said MrsK considers qualifications to be irrelevant...Well YABOO SUCKS to MrsK (new mrs hitler IMO) because on his report for Information Technology the tutor has said he has passed the access level 2 (he's already passed access 3 at school ffs) and that he should be doing a minimum of Intermediate 1 but preferably Intermediate 2...In Scotland we have Standard Grades and Highers but inbetween is these Intermediates...They were introduced whilst K was at school...Int 1 is equivalent to top pass at Standard Grade and Int 2 is between the top pass at Standard Grade and Higher...So yes YABOO SUCKS MrsK and i will do my DAMNDEST to make sure the tutors recommendation is put into practise...Oh and i will talk to the school better tomorrow...I can see MrsK taking over from MrsP in my most irritating and hated professional to deal with...Well hated is too strong a word but you know what i mean....Anyways i did cry and if i hadn't had make up on i would have blubbed my eyes out...My baby is all grown up and it's hard...What i have actually found hardest to deal with is both the boys leaving school at the same time...It's scary and it's made me almost begin to feel my age for a short while...But hey onwards and upwards and it's a new chapter beginning which will still take some fights and face downs with the so called professionals...Oh but when i start that 1 day a week course i am under strict orders to not let on i am Mikeys mother rofl.

I've finished mums jewellery and the jewellery my sis asked me to make for her...The pics are dire to be honest but i took them in a rush and i forgot to take better before i sent them off in the post today...I just hope my sis is happy with her stuff for my niece...I've still not come up with a price for her though but i will before end of the week...Mums is same as Kerrys except mums has 3 purple shades of swarovski to go with her purple outfit for the wedding on sat.

Toodle pip tc xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would have had a greet as well.  As you say Cath, a new chapter begins and it could be a very exciting one.  The jewellery is lovely and I am sure your Mum and sis will be thrilled.  Oh, alerts are still not working.  I have complained yet again but I wanted to let you know I did post new pics of the boys yesterday.  Going to spend most of the day in my bedroom which is much cooler as it is scorching here today, far too hot for me.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Caff the Jewellery is lovely ~ I am sure they will be thrilled with it ~ I know I would be ~ How lovely each pupil gets a certificate for recognition of their achievements ~ Both your boys have achieved so much and I know how proud of them you are ~ those tears you shed were tears of Joy ~ :o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Aww, mums are allowed to cry :)