Thursday 12 June 2008

For Kerry

 

 

 

I've added this into the body of my journal so you can see the opal chip beads better...I used some paler pink, aquamarine and AB swarovski crystals with them as i thought they went well with the opals...It's a toggle clasp as the chips are fairly heavy when worn and toggle is better to cope with that...In a shop in town there are necklaces similar to this one on sale for between £145 and £189!!!!!...They have a murano glass heart instead and no crystals just chips...And they are selling!!!! Now i know how much this cost me in materials to make and i would be making a heck of a lot even including time and all the other stuff...I think it is ludicrously expensive for an item like this...This is for K as her birthday is in oct and opal is her birthstone...Am going to make one similar for my mum as well even though she is going to be 76 this year...I may use purple shades of swarovski's in hers though as she is going to a wedding in july and her outfit is purple...Basically i would like mum to wear as an advert LOL...But she may think it's too 'young' for her but i think an item like this could be worn by someone of any age...BTW i do like this material as the background for the pics and it is what i bought to use as background for a table to sell from.

Toodle pip tc xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the background material is great for displaying, I'm sure your mum would love it. You have a real talent there and that's from someone that doesn't really wear stuff like that

Anonymous said...

Caff you really do have such a talent with your jewllery ~ they are really lovely ~ I would be very happy to own some of your pieces ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I agree I think it is suitable for all ages ,beautiful,your background is good too .lucky Kerry and Mum ,

Anonymous said...

It's lovely Caff :)  Hope you got your purple hair :) Rache

Anonymous said...

It's absolutely beautiful!