Wednesday 7 June 2006

Under the weather

Just a short note in case anyone has been wondering where i am....I've been poorly since sat...Sun i was so ill first thing i had to phone respite and ask them to pick the boys up in the mini bus...Fortunately social work have it written into the contract they will pay transport if needed in emergency...Had the GP yesterday for my monthly checkup about the depression...He said there is a particularly vile tummy bug doing the rounds and that's what i have...OH JOY!!!!...If the boys were going to get it then they'd have had it by now <phew>...I can't find M's clothing list for his trip ARGH...If i can't find it tonite then i need to get another from the school...It's mon he goes away so i need to get washing and packing...Typical i have a bug and need to lie down when the weather is glorious and i want to be out in the sun

I have another link from the NAS website...Don't know if anyone remembers not too long ago a mother commited suicide with her son by jumping off the humber bridge...Well a couple of years ago another mother did the say in Durham with her son...Both the children were autistic spectrum and these parents were at end of their tether...I can totally empathise as it wouldn't be the first time over the years i have felt like enough is enough i can't do this anymore...An MP has tabled a motion in parliament for better provision of services etc after the most recent tragedy.

The National Autistic Society - Speaking up for autism in Parliament

Ok this was going to be a short and sweet entry...K was a speaker at a conference on mon which i will write about tomorrow...I am reading but not commenting as such so do forgive me...K has not had the results yet but i will say when she has.

Toodle pip tc xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hpe you soon are back to normal...............bugs are horrible

Anonymous said...

That was so sad about the mother and son who jumped off the bridge.Lets hope something good comes out of parliament.
Youve changed your photo! LOL. . Thats a nice one of you.

Anonymous said...

Caff hears hoping you are feeling better now ~ hope you get another list for M's clothing for his trip ~ unless of course you find the one you had ~ I remember seeing on the news about the mother who commited suicide with her son How terribly stressed she must have been ~ look forward to hearing about K. speaking at the conference ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  I hope hope you feel much better soon, tummy bugs are are really horrible.  I remember the case of that poor mother and her son at the Hummer bridge..  I can`t begin to imagine how desperate she obviously was.  Take care.

Hugs

Sandra xxxxx

Anonymous said...

aww Caff, I do hope you feel better soon, I feel awful for dumping my probs on you when your not well.....{{{{Caff}}}}}}}................Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have been feeling so wretched dear ,I had a couple  of bad days last week,but though felt aweful took myself to bed ...I only have to look after me ,you dont have that luxury..it made me think !!...........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry you haven't been good, will check if my MP has signed now , tc xx

Anonymous said...

Hope your feelin' better xx