Saturday 17 June 2006

The saga continues and M's trip

Well don't have lightning or thunder but we do have rain...It's not cold outside though just nice and fresh...I do fear that very soon i will have a downpour in my bathroom...Late yesterday evening neighbour came down and gave me landladys number...Decided can't phone someone at 11.30pm as it would scare them...I know it would scare me if i wasn't expecting a call...I immediately think who's in hospital or who has died...So last nite i added more tubs to the bathroom floor and i also spread towels over the floor to soak up any drips that missed the tubs...Hmmmm towels were very wet this morning :o( ...Phoned the landlady and got answering thingy...So left a rather polite but disgruntled message...I did leave my number for her to call me back...Sorry is a lot to ask to want to sit on the loo and have a piddle without being dripped on...Or have the fear that you may have a deluge on top of you at any moment...The panelling on the roof is soaking wet :o(  ...I really dread to think what the plaster is like underneath...Oh well lets look on the bright side my bathroom is going to need redecorated and NOT at my expense.

So M came home yesterday just slightly later than normal come home from school time...He had his new shorts on and a baseball cap he had bought at the centre...He was shattered though <bless> It is a heck of a long trip from aberdeen to the south lake district...So on tuesday they did the walk to the waterfall, caving and the bbq as i said earlier in week...Wednesday they did rock climbing which he thoroughly enjoyed and actually did it twice :o) ...They also did a zip slide thing which he also enjoyed...In the afternoon they did archery which he also liked...Abseiling was on wed as well but he didn't do it because it was way to scary...And i agree there with him LOL...No way you catch me abseiling full stop not even for a million quid <ggg> ...On thurs they went canoeing on Lake Windermere...Don't think he was too keen on the type of canoes they were in...They also did tube slide on thurs...Now they had to go in a sack and keep their arms in tight and slide down a tube...He said there was dark bits and lots of tight corners in it...He enjoyed it though as he went down it 4 times LOL...They also had a little disco on the thurs...And on fri they came home with a stop at burger king LOL...He's not sure if he wants to go again but no doubt he will...They had to make their own beds, brekkie and packed lunches but not their meal in the evening...He has taken photos so as soon as i have them i will post some.

Toodle pip tc xx

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I certainly hope you can get something done about the drips before the roof collapses!  Your landlady ought to ring you before the expense grows worse.  Glad your lad had such a good time. Abseiling, I would never have tried it other but once Becky had to go on one of these work things, you know the bonding things, and she amazed me by abseiling.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Caff,  Your ceiling sounds really dodgy and your landlady should get it seen to right away, it`ll cost her even more if it collapses. I`m glad M had a great time on his trip,  I rather like the idea of abseiling, but then it`s easy to say because I doubt I`ll ever get the chance...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

That bathroom ceiling is becoming worrieing,so pleased Menjoyed his trip agree with you and him about the absailing Ugh ...........Jan xx