Wednesday 3 May 2006

Car, Dragons and Exams

Do you sense a pattern to my entries of late LOL...Good news is i got my car back...no idea how much it's gonna sting me this time as he's not done a bill for me yet...He's good anyways as if you're regular customer then he sends you out a bill rather than taking payment there and then...The heater plugs were knackered hence the diesel burning off through the exhaust...I'd topped up teensy bit too much oil on sun so they drained some out LOL...Well it was leaking or should i say being used up too quick due to overheating...Anyways at least i can go shopping at asda laters and don't have to rely on a lift.

That was todays good news...Had a fight with one of my banks earlier...They closed the boys bank accounts without informing us!!!...If not used for over 6 months then they close the account...Flaming cheek i say...Woman was not happy with me and said i was obviously wanting to pick a fight...I'd had words about something else today and yesterday...I said so even if it's a kids account you do that and she said yes ALL banks do...Said no they don't and walked out LOL...Now got an appointment with M to open an account for him at other bank next fri when he's off school for in-service day :o) They do NOT treat their customers in same manner <ggg>

G had english exam today and all i can get out of him is it was OK...He said some of it was harder than prelim :o(  He so struggles with english as do most on autistic spectrum...Am afraid our language is very difficult for them to get their heads round...Too many words that sound same but spelt different and have different meanings...English is too removed from their literal viewpoint on things...As long as he tried his best then that to me is all that matters.

So on to dragons...I have added some pics of a few of the dragons i have...I found pics online so used them rather than me try to take closeups :o) All of the dragons shown are from the Tudor Mint Land of Dragons collection except for one...The Dragon Tamer is a different company...My Celestial dragon is no longer made...Well i presume that as it is no longer shown on the tudor mint website and anywhere i find online that sells it says stocks discontinued when all sold out...The Seatosus one and the frebruary one are the two that K bought me yesterday :o) No idea oh how tall they are yet...She also bought herself the october one grrrr...Guess who was gonna be buying it for her birthday pressie LOL...They do range vastly in price to buy from around £12 - £17 for smaller ones to around £50 for the large sized ice dragon and there are bigger ones that cost nearer £100...The Vespertilio one is the one i got for my birthday from the boys...The Cruciatus was my mothers day pressie...If i won loads on the lottery i would buy the whole land of dragons collection for me and also buy it all for K LOL...Of course then i'd need a house to display them in...I have loads of others that are different makes or just cheap ones that didn't cost much but are still lovely...I am considering joining the collectors club from tudor mint at some point...Then if anyone wants to give me a pressie i'll say money please so i can buy at discount :o) Considering you can get the large pieces at 50% off then it might be worth it as usually i can't afford to buy them...They have 3 flying dragons in land of dragons series that are being discontinued this year and i'd love to get them...They're small and on a stand flying (obviously) :o) Am not one much for ornaments but i do love my dragons and they're only ornaments i let people buy me...I don't clean them with a cloth but i use a blusher brush to dust them with and to get into the nooks and crannys.

Toodle pip tc xx

tag by sara (sarajanesmiles)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dragons are lovely ,What a good idea to use a blusher brush to clean them .So pleased you have your car back ,what happens if you cant afford the bill when it comes lol .........Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The dragons are very beautiful and colourful aren't they??  I'm not surprised that you collect them :-)  Hope G's english exam result is good I'm not surprised they find it hard.  I think most of us do lol.........Glad you got the car back xx

Anonymous said...

Your Dragons are lovely Caff and I love the sig Sara has done for you ~ I got a wireless alert on this one luckily I knew it was from you ~ Hope the bill for your car dosn't break the bank ~ Hope G's English exam went OK our English language takes some understanding can understand him having difficulty  as you say so many words sound the same ~ but spelt differently ~ it must be very hard for him ~Ally

Anonymous said...

Good news on the car Caff, like losing your arm when they're not around. OK is what I used to get until two days after then I heard the full story :) and it was usually quite good so I'm gonna say 'Well done G'.

I like your Amethyst dragon most of all...........and Sarah's tag is brilliant, she's tapped into another talent of hers.

Shopping will be better now that you don't have to carry the stuff. Rache

Anonymous said...

What is about collectors.
Bill  collects moles you collect dragons..........
weird...........

Anonymous said...

The dragons are lovely. . .what a good way to clean them too with a blusher brush.Would never have thought of that!

Anonymous said...

the dragons are lovely, I collect the Yare dragons with big eyes........Jules xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

Anonymous said...

Argh...banks