Monday 21 July 2008

Mishmash

It's been a beautiful day here today...Garath went paintballing and although not many were able to go they all enjoyed it...The site has been expanded a bit so there was more area than just a field to play in :o) Surprisingly the cost was still the same as a year ago...Must be one of few things that haven't gone up in price of late...He got a lift from one of his friends so i didn't have to take him :o) Mind you i've never met these lads from the school he went to so i was a bit on tenterhooks that the lad didn't crash his car...Ok that may sound a bit OTT but there have been so many accidents in the north east of scotland this year it is unreal :o( That accident last monday took the total deaths to 19 so far and it is only july :o(  And there was another accident later last week with 2 deaths but it was nearer inverness.

The accident last week was the driver of the van's fault...Apparently he had briefly nodded off at the wheel...No-one speeding (that was determined by the gizmo's in each vehicle) and it was a tragic accident...So as i said last week it doesn't always pay to jump to conclusions and lay blame at a young drivers door for an accident...The lad who died i used to work with his mum in a local chippy after school and during the holidays when we were kids although i haven't seen her for years...The mum of the girls i knew all my life basically although i haven't seen her for years either...We grew up on the same street, our parents were friends and she was married to my brothers best friend...I say was because he died not long after they got married just before my 16th birthday...I remember that week vividly :o(  There have been other tragedys with that family as well over the last 29 years :o(  Now this is something that i kinda would like to know peoples views on...Usually at a funeral we all wear dark clothes or our 'best' clothes...The girls funeral the announcement says 'No funeral clothing to be worn by request'...So my mum is at a loss as to what to wear...Being the age she is most of her 'best' dress could be deemed funereal...Personally my view is for someone young then funeral clothing shouldn't be worn but something bright or cheerful instead...But many people don't hold with that view...I know if something was to happen to any of my 3 then i couldn't face seeing everyone dressed in black or dark colour...That's despite 90% of my wardrobe being black...When my dad died me and my brother went to stupid lengths to find something black to wear...Well him a jacket and me a pair of shoes...I paid a fortune for those shoes and never ever wore them again and they're still in a box in my wardrobe...Daft really as am sure my dad wouldn't have minded if i wore my black punky boots or my bright red boots or shoes i had at the time...Does it really matter so much what we wear at a funeral as long as we pay our respects to those who have passed away???? Think i may stipulate that everyone must wear purple or blue to mine :o)

I've started a course studying at home...It's wierd this distance learning malarky...Am studying counselling skills and will move on to the other courses as i hopefully pass each one...I have to keep a reflective blog of my thoughts and feelings whilst am doing it eeks...Fingers crossed that i manage to pass this one by christmas...Being distance learning you work at your own pace and can take as long as you want...Well within limitations as you are expected to do it in a year...The tutor i have been assigned said most do it in 6 months...Am afraid that this last week all i can think of is that accident and it's brought back memories that i really don't want at forefront of my mind...On a lighter note i  want to thank everyone for all the nice comments you leave about my jewellery and recently the headbands...You're all far too kind :o)

Toodle pip tc xx

No comments: