Monday 19 November 2007

Pah!!! and grrrrrr

Grrrrrrr...ARRGGHHHHHHHHH...PAH!!!!!!!! I've spent the last half hour TRYING to a) add some pics and b) actually get an entry saved...For the life of me i can't find how to add them in the good old fashioned way so they're all in a little box at the top of the entry...And i keep getting that they can't be uploaded and then action aborted...Yet a test i did worked...Well it didn't work my end so i deleted it but it did work for others.

It's been a very wet, very miserable, very windy, very cold YUKKY wintery day here...I had to take some pics of either landscape or seascape so ventured down the beach...Those are the pics am trying to add LOL...I love the sea regardless but i especially love it when it is all rough and wild...With those white horses breaking over the shore...I actually find a very wild sea like that extremely calming...But hey am weird <g> ...I decided to drive up by the lighthouse on the headland leading into the harbour to take some pics there as well...Well when i was going across the cobbled bridge the car started to go clumpty clump...So stopped as soon as i could and got out to see which offside tyre had gone flat...You get charged for 0800 numbers on your mobile so i nipped across at the traffic lights to the pub there...The barlady let me use their office phone :o) So i left her a tip...The AA said national waiting time was anything up to 2 hours eeks...Left my mobile number with them and before i was back at the car i had a call saying he'd be with me in around 10 mins...I had to ask some council workers in a drain clearing lorry to move as it was the only space for the AA man...He changed my tyre and tomorrow am going to my garage to see what's wrong with it...We couldn't see where it was punctured when nice AA man took it off...At least i had a spare...And yes i know i could have changed it myself...But what is the point in having a breadown service if you don't use it <g> Right going to try and add these pics now, fingers crossed.

This is looking along one of the outer walls to the harbour...That's not the actual lighthouse but a small one as a beacon for getting into the harbour entrance

This is at the back of that harbour wall and the foreground is froth that the breakers have left behind...I know it's fuzzy but i was being blown about by the wind and rain over there

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab pics Cathy and well worth the trouble you've taken to post them. I love wild seas altho they excite me rather than calm me.  It's a good 2.5 hours from here to the coast, but today I've been looking at snow covered Shropshire hills and they have a slight resemblance to distant waves.
I never did manage to get a proper folder full of pics uploaded to my blog using File Manager, but have uploaded a folder direct from my hard drive and it worked okay altho I don't like the weird format and the background which was added.  I went back to loading individual pics direct from my hard drive and I'll stick with that until there's an 'adding folders of pics for dummies' tutorial :O)

Anonymous said...

Caff your pictures are lovely ~ I love the wildness of the ocean although it really scares me it is so vast :o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

see now girl move south.................

Anonymous said...

Great photos, I could watch the sea do that for hours

Anonymous said...

They are fab photos :-)  Glad you managed to add them xx  I don't blame you for calling the breakdown service lol

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the sea ,I love to see the sea when is angry but not be out there lol ..love Jan xx